If you’ve already taken a sneak peek at the picture below to see what my Friday Favorites are for this week, you may be thinking, how do all of these random things relate to each other?
That’s what all of these things speak to me. Sweet, sweet ways to relax.
1) Okay, so this is an old school movie ticket. I know. I wish they still had old school movie prices – yikes. But I do love spending a weekend afternoon with my kids at the movies every once in a while. We check the reviews, make sure it’s appropriate, and off we go. No real planning involved – just an opportunity for us to spend time together.
Then after the movie, I make sure to engage my kids in talking about what we saw. We’ve had some amazing conversations around topics like courage, adventure, and faith after watching good movies. Do you know of any family friendly movies due out this summer? Do tell.
2) Another thing you might find me doing with my girls is taking a little trip to the nail salon. Sometimes it’s my treat if we are celebrating a special day. Sometimes it’s dutch treat — which means they have to save their own pennies for this fun time.
My personal favorite color for this time of the year? O.P.I nail polish color “Bubble Bath.” It’s light, fresh, not too much of a statement — but still kinda girly. And that’s just perfect for me.
3) Speaking of bubble baths, I love to take them. It’s an easy way to relax in the comfort of your home — no spa appointment required. It’s also a prime location for some serious quiet time.
4) Lavender. Maybe one of the most lovely relaxation inducers known to womankind. This stuff is great. And if you poke around Pinterest long enough you’ll stumble across tutorials on how to make lavender bundles to enjoy personally or give as gifts.
5) Putting something on your calendar that you’re excited about and can look forward to is always fun. My family and I take time each year to go to Camp-of-the-Woods in New York. It has become a memorable tradition that is wonderfully relaxing and spiritually enriching.
For us, this is the perfect getaway spot. For those of us that like to sit in the sun lakeside and make the most strenuous thing we do all day turning the pages of our book, we can do that. For others in my family who are crazy wild and need zip lines, putt-putt golf, and fishing for creatures, they can do that.
Then at night we sit around the campfire and bond (get in crazy fights) while we lovingly (compete like no body’s business) play family games.
I won’t tell you who usually wins. Me. Okay, I couldn’t hold back.
How will you be relaxing this summer? Let me know in the comments below and I’ll choose one person to win an Unglued Summer Sanity Saver Bundle complete with a copy of Unglued, Unglued Devotional, and a set of Unglued key tags!