Relationships are amazing until they’re not.
Have you ever felt stuck in unhealthy relationship patterns? Has someone you deeply care about ever used your love against you in manipulative or controlling ways? What are the signs of emotional maturity and what are some warning signs to look out for?
Proverbs 31 Ministries’ Director of Theological Research Joel Muddamalle, my personal counselor Jim Cress, and I sat down to record four new episodes of the Therapy & Theology series on the Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast that will help you:
- Understand what Biblical love is and what it isn’t by discerning the difference between kindness and enabling.
- Learn the distinct differences between shame, guilt, conviction and condemnation and be equipped with tools to combat the specific lies associated with each of them.
- Live true to your most healed, healthy, whole, holy, surrendered-to-God-self and not the version of yourself that’s haunted and held back by shame.
- Apply healthy coping mechanisms in your reactions and responses when your emotions get hijacked by past or present trauma.
- Know what to do if you feel stuck in unhealthy relationships.
Simply click one of the episode titles below to listen in now:
- Therapy & Theology: Good Guilt vs. Destructive Shame
- Therapy & Theology: Stop the Shame Scripts Holding You Back
- Therapy & Theology: The Signs, Symptoms and Cures of Emotional Immaturity
- Therapy & Theology: What’s Really Motivating Your Love?
These episodes are also available to watch on the Proverbs 31 Ministries YouTube channel!
I pray these conversations bless you with encouragement and practical wisdom for wherever you are in your journey today, friend.