Charlotte has been experiencing a little bit of a rainy season here lately. And by a little, I mean check-the-extended-forecast-and-there’s-a-lightning-bolt-every-day type of season. You might say we’re swimming this summer, but not in any kind of pool.
While the weather patterns are bizarre, I welcome a break from the southern heat. I also welcome the unrushed pace the rainy days bring.
While writing my next book has taken up a chunk of my summer, I am happy to announce….
I turned in all 60,200 words this past Monday.
For the next several days, I just want to use my computer for things that don’t require words : )
So, today’s Friday Favorites post is all about simple but delightful decorating ideas.
Here are some favorites I’ve found:
1) Chevron seems to be the pattern of the season. It’s on clothing. It’s on cell phone cases. And apparently, now it’s on pillows. Which is fine by me – I love the “pop” this pattern brings to a room!
2) Something about Pottery Barn just makes me want to redecorate. Everything. But since that’s a little unrealistic, I’m sticking with this vintage lantern.
3) I may or may not have originally seen this idea as a centerpiece for a wedding shower. Okay. I did. And no, we’re not marrying anyone off. But I just thought this was such a cute idea to brighten up a kitchen area or dining table. It’s simple and cheap to make your own – just fill a mason jar with lemon slices and flowers from your yard.
4) Another DIY decoration – stacking old books to elevate a picture frame, small vase, etc. You can find books like these at your local consignment shop, antique store, or a yard sale!
5) Don’t you wish you could just point to a sign for answers every time your people make you want to come unglued with their endless questions and arguments? This mama does. That’s why the Family Rules poster is so amazing!
And today, Alexander Creative is giving away one of the posters right here on my blog. Leave a comment telling me where you’d hang this in your house as a reminder.