Have you ever opened your Bible to the books of 1 & 2 Kings and wondered how you could possibly have anything in common with a bunch of men who ruled hundreds of years ago? For starters, they were real kings with crowns that fought in battles and ruled nations, and we’re just normal people trying to get through the day. No wonder we have a hard time applying their stories and struggles to what we’re facing today.
But you know what? We don’t want those thoughts to stop you from diving into the Old Testament because we believe that all of God’s Word is living, active and applicable to what we face today. The books of 1 & 2 Kings are exciting and give us an account of how much God wants us to trust in Him —not in ourselves or others.
Lysa TerKeurst recently released a brand-new Bible study based on 1 & 2 Kings called Trustworthy: Overcoming Our Greatest Struggles to Trust God. In this week’s episode of the Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast, you’ll get an inside peek into a conversation we had with Lysa during our Trustworthy Online Bible Study.
With this episode, you will…
- Gain a basic understanding of the lives of Jeroboam and Rehoboam in 1 & 2 Kings, and learn about their trust issues within the context of their own stories.
- Recognize that even though you’re not a king, you’re responsible for stewarding your influence — whether that be social media, work, parenting or friends — we have the opportunity to point them all back to God.
- Find relief from trying to do things in your own way or your own timing by taking small steps to trust God more today.
- Want to learn more about Lysa’s latest study, Trustworthy, and unpack your trust issues within a biblical community? Proverbs 31 Ministries’ Online Bible Studies is the place for you! Click here to learn more about Online Bible Studies and check out our current study.
- Be equipped to lead your own study of Trustworthy with the leader kit! When you purchase the leader kit, you’ll get access to the Trustworthy study guide and a DVD with all 6 interactive teaching sessions filmed on location in Israel. The only thing you’ll need is a group of girlfriends and designated time to dig deep and learn together.
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.