I closed my eyes and warm tears slipped down my face onto my pillow. I knew I should pray but quite honestly, I doubted God was listening. I could hear the kids fighting in the kitchen. More evidence I wasn’t measuring up. I knew I should get up and address whatever was causing the chaos between them, but I just didn’t have it in me. Not that day.
Not when the very foundation of my family was imploding. I mean, if your house is on fire surely you don’t stop to straighten a picture hanging crooked on the wall.
I didn’t know what to do.
I didn’t know who to call.
I didn’t know how to pray and get some sort of answer from God.
And I certainly didn’t have a clue how to find something relatable to read in the Bible.
This is the desperate place I was in during the early days of my family.
The desperation. The helplessness. The days full of hurt and seemingly void of hope. I know those feelings deeply and personally.
That’s why my team and I are so committed to the work we do at Proverbs 31 Ministries. We are devoted to meeting women right where they are and helping them connect with God in ways that restore their hope, renew their relationships and, most importantly, revitalize their faith.
These women and families are literally begging for help. And we know if we connect their needs with God’s truth, their lives will dramatically improve.
Chances are if you’re reading this blog post, me or my team at Proverbs 31 Ministries have shown up in your inbox with words that the Lord gave us to make you feel less alone, more understood and more deeply connected with truths from the Bible.
Millions of women are engaging more deeply with Biblical truth and growing in their relationship with the Lord because Proverbs 31 Ministries exists.
In 2015 alone:
• Over 500,000 people woke up with our First 5 mobile app, dedicating the first five minutes of their day to reading God’s Word.
• 810,000 women received Encouragement for Today devotions in their email inbox, with an estimated reach of well over ONE MILLION! We get women into God’s Word daily!
• 126,000 women from nearly 100 countries participated in our Online Bible Studies. They were able to learn how to connect God’s Word to their everyday lives, regardless of where they lived!
• 3 million people received our biblical teaching and inspiration through Facebook, with hundreds of thousands more on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
• Over 3,000 women pursued their calling in ministry through She Speaks Conference and COMPEL writers training. We love the multiplied ministry impact of equipping others to serve Jesus!
Yes, in a day and time where the world is trying to quiet Biblical truth, we’re determined to help people engage with God’s truth like never before. We’re determined to get people into God’s Word so God’s Word can get into them.
But we need your help.
If you’ve donated to Proverbs 31 Ministries before, thank you. Please know your investment is used to carry God’s Word around the world on a daily basis. Your continued support is a well-placed investment allowing you to truly know you’ve played a crucial role in fulfilling Jesus’ instructions for us to carry the Good News to those both near and far. Click here to continue your support.
And for those of you who haven’t invested yet, this is an incredible time to participate! Click here to give to Proverbs 31 Ministries today.
There are so many more to reach. We want to reach your friends and family and neighbors who have never known how to connect the life-changing truths from the Bible to their needs of today. And it is possible! We’re hearing from people every day who find Proverbs 31 Ministries resources then begin a relationship with Jesus and start studying the Bible as a result. He has answers for all their greatest needs. As Isaiah 55:11 reminds us, God’s Word never returns void!