How do we navigate relationships with those who have hurt us or continue to pull us into dysfunction?

Sign up to receive a free and helpful 3-day devotional called

Stop Dancing With Dysfunction: 3 Days to Setting Better Boundaries today!

l

Whoops! Sorry about that last email.

August 25, 2015

You might have received an email from me yesterday with the subject line ‘Speaking-Dylan.’ We had some maintenance going on with my blog and that post went out by accident. I’m sorry about that!

My technical genius dude Tyler sat at his desk yesterday wishing he could hit ‘unsend.’ Which is actually such a fine reminder to us all, that once our words go out … we can’t unsend or unsay them.

I assured him y’all are basically the kindest blog readers in the world and would just smile and delete the crazy 2-word email.

I love that about y’all. And I hope you have an amazing Tuesday.

You May Also Like…
Stop Dancing With Dysfunction: 3 Days to Setting Better Boundaries

Stop Dancing With Dysfunction: 3 Days to Setting Better Boundaries

Do you ever feel like relationships are amazing ... until they're not? I understand this frustration.  Because the more deeply we are invested in someone, the more their choices affect us — emotionally, physically, mentally and financially. So how do we navigate...

The 5 Healing Perspectives You Need For Your Hurt or Heartbreak

The 5 Healing Perspectives You Need For Your Hurt or Heartbreak

Do you ever find yourself replaying and reliving the details of the deep hurt in your life? I understand. I’ve been there.  And whether you’ve experienced pain through an event or a collection of hurt that built over time because someone wasn’t who they were...

The Book I Didn’t Want to Write, But Desperately Needed

The Book I Didn’t Want to Write, But Desperately Needed

A million tears. One thousand hours of study. Countless days writing. One heart that didn’t think I could live this message. And a God that didn’t let me drown in my sorrow or give up. I'm grateful to finally get to show you the book that wouldn’t let me go and quite...

23 Comments
  1. Andrea

Oh but for the grace of God, there go I! Poor Tyler! We’ve all done it a time or two. It’s a great learning opportunity and like you said, a valuable reminder to choose our words {and email blasts to blogs :-)} wisely. It takes only a few seconds or minutes to speak in error, but it can take MUCH longer to heal the wounds of words spoken in error. Thank you for reminding me of this!

2. Marcie

Lysa: your ministry is an enormous encouragement to me (and scads of other Jesus seekers too). Please tell Tyler that I see him as a powerful minister too, using his genius skills to encourage many. Grace and peace to all techies! Love mop

3. Leslie

well…. actually I clicked on it and discovered you will be in Lexington, SC in January, I live in SC, eeekkkkk! So finally you will be close enough for these SC devotee girls to go!!! Please thank him for the mistake:)!

4. ChristineMarie

What!? You mean you’re human and you make mistakes…lol

5. Amber Paulsen

How awesome God is that He takes little mini-mistakes and turns them into good and for His glory. Reminds me of His amazing promise in Romans 8:28. Great lesson for today on being mindful of our words before we say (or send) them! And no worries on the error. I love how the Lord used it for good anyway (even things we can’t even see). Maybe we’ll find out in eternity. 🙂 Be blessed, Lysa! Be blessed Tyler! Be blessed everyone on this blog!

6. Melanie

There are so many emails coming out, if one doesn’t make sense to me I just delete it!!! ‘Speaking – Dylan’ just didn’t sound like it would come from you; so I just deleted it, NO PROBLEMS here!!!!!! Tyler and you should just keep sending out the emails that simply remind us/me that we are ALL people!!!! Oh, and THANK YOU for your quirkiness…I feel right at home!!!

7. Pam

Figured it was a blooper ; ) We all have these from time to time : )

8. Laurie Fritsch

I love it! I’m glad I’m not the only one who does things like that. Tyler – no worries. Take a deep breath, smile, and say, “Oh, well.” Nobody’s perfect. Trust Lysa’s insight here. I got a good chuckle out of it, and needed that, too!

9. Christi Brotherton

Oh, Tyler,

Please don’t give this a minute of worry! I just deleted yesterday’s email when I opened it, because it didn’t seem like Lysa.

It actually makes me feel better knowing that others make those kinds of mistakes too!

I thank you and Lysa for all you do!

Christi

10. MARILYN IN EAST TEXAS

Actually a BIG Thank You Tyler!! I see where Mrs Lysa will be in my city speaking and I am going to sign up so I can go hear her!! I would not have known her speaking schedule without you!! THANK YOU!!

11. Danielle Drollette

That email might have been a mistake but I was able to see that you are coming to Montgomery, AL
    in September of 2016. That to me is a blessing!

12. Gigi

I’m asking today for Gods prayer Girls to pray with me – for my sisters strength and her husbands health – please lift them up in Prayer and Blessings and the knowledge that God is in control and they will be okay ⚓️❤️~Gigi

13. Deb

Too funny! No worries, Tyler! 🙂

14. Dianne

Has happened to all of us at least once. Maybe God used this to remind some of us to be cautious with our words. God uses all circumstances for His purposes. Thank you, God for this reminder

15. Tiffiney

Hi, Are u kidding me? I loved the two word post! :o)

16. Veronica

Lysa you have an amazing team!… I knew it was a little mistake

17. Rachelle

Yes, I just smiled, laughed actually. It made me know that I am not the only one to make the mistake of hitting the send button, and wishing someone would invent the “un-send” button. 🙂

Many Blessings,
    Rachelle

18. Suzanne R.

Thanks Tyler… we needed a little “can’t undo” reminder message ,,, and apparently many of us found out Lysa’s speaking schedule as well!
    God is so amusing at times 😉

19. Sherry

Lysa that email went out for a reason – I clicked on one of your recent articles and that is just what The Lord needed me to hear. Remember sometimes you might think it’s a mistake but He already had the details worked out.

20. Liz Walker

It’s all good, I actually clicked on some of the links on the message and found some interesting things.

21. Whitney Wagner

We all make mistakes every now and then. It’s great when people are willing to give us grace. 🙂

22. Beth Brubaker

Now I’m all jealous and stuff because I just got here and missed the excitement! ;P

23. samuel Indonesia (Ina)

My God bless Mrs Lisa ministry, I learned a lot about how to communicate with God.
    God Bless You all