How do we navigate relationships with those who have hurt us or continue to pull us into dysfunction?

Sign up to receive a free and helpful 3-day devotional called

Stop Dancing With Dysfunction: 3 Days to Setting Better Boundaries today!

l

It’s not just a Book. It’s a meal. A blanket. A textbook. A mission field.

August 5, 2014

A couple of years ago, I really felt challenged by my own short-sighted perspective of faith.

I’m good with the label, the lingo and the lifestyle of being a Christian.

But what if instead of just having faith, I dared to live a life that actually required faith. And what if instead of being paralyzed by all the massive needs in the world, I asked God to personally assign me a few.

And then what if I started to watch for whatever needs God put front and center in my life and said yes?

And what if a part of this yes journey is to have all my friends who want to read my next two books, know that they could be a part just by simply buying the books.

Would it be, could it be possible to give every penny of The Best Yes to God’s work here and abroad?

This was a Best Yes. And I knew it.

I’m so excited to show what you and I are doing together. Buying The Best Yes is a Best Yes for several projects around the world I’ll be announcing soon. But this first project has certainly stolen my heart…

(And be sure to watch the little humorous outtake at the very end of the video.)

[field name=video]

For every copy of The Best Yes you purchase, you are stepping onto the mission field, changing lives, and investing in needs both physically and spiritually in a huge way.

Thank you for helping me, help them.

And if you want to give a copy of The Best Yes to a friend, tell her that your gift isn’t just a book… it’s a warm blanket to a cold child. A meal for a hungry orphan. A textbook that leads to an education that leads to breaking the cycle of poverty.  It’s a way for simple girls like us to go into all the world and live the Gospel message.

As they say in Tanzania, “Bwana asifiwe”… Praise the Lord!

For more information on this book, visit The Best Yes website by clicking here.

To pre-order your copy of The Best Yes, click here. You’ll receive $50 of free resources that won’t be available after the book releases August 12th.

You May Also Like…
Stop Dancing With Dysfunction: 3 Days to Setting Better Boundaries

Stop Dancing With Dysfunction: 3 Days to Setting Better Boundaries

Do you ever feel like relationships are amazing ... until they're not? I understand this frustration.  Because the more deeply we are invested in someone, the more their choices affect us — emotionally, physically, mentally and financially. So how do we navigate...

The 5 Healing Perspectives You Need For Your Hurt or Heartbreak

The 5 Healing Perspectives You Need For Your Hurt or Heartbreak

Do you ever find yourself replaying and reliving the details of the deep hurt in your life? I understand. I’ve been there.  And whether you’ve experienced pain through an event or a collection of hurt that built over time because someone wasn’t who they were...

The Book I Didn’t Want to Write, But Desperately Needed

The Book I Didn’t Want to Write, But Desperately Needed

A million tears. One thousand hours of study. Countless days writing. One heart that didn’t think I could live this message. And a God that didn’t let me drown in my sorrow or give up. I'm grateful to finally get to show you the book that wouldn’t let me go and quite...

42 Comments
  1. Sarah

Thank you for sharing this! It was a huge blessing to me tonight and I am so thankful that God has given you such a beautiful heart. You (and all of Proverbs 31) are truly inspiring women. There has not been one single devotion that hasn’t spoken to my spirit! Blessings to you all there at Proverbs 31 and to all the children at Hope!!

• Lysa TerKeurst

Thank you Sarah. I’m going to share your encouragement with my team. Many blessings to you too! Lysa

2. Nikki

Love this! I love that you will be continuing work there and that you are giving everyone the opportunity to be a part of it by buying your book! I can’t wait to read it!

• Lysa TerKeurst

Thanks Nikki… it’s fun to do this with my reader friends!

3. Chris Carter

Oh Lysa!!! What a beautiful and powerful way to say YES!!! I am going to let my ‘ladies group’ know about this… as we are now reading Jen Hatmaker’s “7” and our discussion are all about giving… and how to make a difference in this world.

I believe this would be a start, yes? We are actually going to be doing a fundraiser for astruggling pregnant teens program as well. And a faith mission based here in Columbus that houses abused women. So we are on a roll!!! This? Will be an easy no-brainer!!

We still talk about you all the time.. having read two of your books in a row!! Jen has been a breathtaking read as well. So perhaps in the new year? We are rockin’ our group back to YOU!!! 🙂

God bless you, for your having such a sacrificial serving heart. I thank God for your generosity. And for His Creation in you full of such wondrous gifts that bless so many.

4. Lysa TerKeurst

Thank you beautiful friend. It’s fun to see what God’s girls can do together.

5. CarolAnne

Anxious to receive the book and see the web cast! Now also feeling really great about helping so many! You’re the best, Lysa : )

• Lysa TerKeurst

I’m so excited you’ll be tuning in to the webcast. I’m crazy nervous… but it’s comforting to know friends will be watching:)

6. Mel Y

So excited about The Best Yes, it comes at a perfect time in my life.

7. Tamara Whitneton

Lysa, I am serving in cross cultural ministry and I am searching for discipleship materials in Portuguese. I ran across some of your materials on a website for a local bookstore chain. I was wondering if you had a statement of faith or affiliation (with a particular denomination, or other authors that you respect/agree with in terms of doctrine) that would help me understand your doctrinal leanings. I have been living outside of the U.S. for several years and I was not familiar with your ministry until today. Thank you for your ministry. I hope that I will be able to explore your material with my ladies groups.

8. sophie

this is awesome! I am even more glad I bougth the book! thank you Lisa

9. Jessica

Hi Lysa! I bought The Best Yes this past weekend at WOF in Fairfax. I so enjoyed your talk there and I was so excited to start your book! As the mom to 4 very busy little boys I struggle with saying no to anything and as a result I say yes to it all and find myself continually stressed out! I’m already half way through your book (which I have marked all up with my own notes) and I’m learning so much! I truly believe that God placed me in that arena on Saturday just so I could hear you. Blessings to you and your beautiful family!

10. Jess Mannion

Lysa!!
    Thank-you for all the work you are doing in Jesus’ name! I often refer to your work with my Christian clients to help them when they are struggling with prioritising in life and feeling overwhelmed (particularly lending out my copy of “The Secrets of a Busy Woman”.
    I was also able to speak with a new friend just after learning of this book and it was just absolute perfect timing!

I am also in the process on writing my first book regarding infertility as a process book with practical things to work through. I have had doubts about whether it is what God wants me to do creep in – I have found great comfort in your sharing about your humanness in writing and that you still find it a somewhat anxious process.

Thank-you for your ministry and the hard work of the rest of the team you work with – Amazing and encouraging to see how God works through us all in individual ways!!

• Lysa TerKeurst

Thank you Jess. I just prayed for you and your book writing. Sounds like a needed message. Thank you for sharing. Lysa

11. Betsy

YES! Lysa, I’m a cross-cultural worker in the Middle East, and I’m so glad to see you doing this.

I belong to Compel, and while I was at She Speaks I cried all during your closing talk because God’s Spirit was moving me. I saw a partial light on my question, “What does my call to write (in English) have to do with my call to be a light in a dry place and serve the church (in Turkish)?”

I can’t wait to read “The Best Yes” and I can’t thank you enough for your efforts to make His Name famous among the nations.

• Lysa TerKeurst

Oh wow… thank you Betsy. Your work sounds fascinating and very important. I’m so thankful Compel is helping you and that you got to come to She Speaks! Blessings!!!

12. Millie

I want to order the “The Best Yes” book, but my computer keeps telling me it is an unsafe web site. Any suggestions would be helpful.

13. Hannah

This is absolutely incredible. What an inspiration to watch your steps of faith. Saying “yes” is such an adventure with Jesus. Looking forward to reading “The Best Yes” and helping these beautiful kids by doing so. Thanks for saying ‘yes’ and in doing so, giving us the opportunity to say ‘yes’ too. Makes my heart sing!

14. Dyana Bounds

This is absolutely amazing Lysa! What a beautiful giving heart God has given you! It is a fun way for “simple girls like us to go into all the world and live the Gospel message”. Thank you for the inspiration!! Looking forward to webcast and release next week! Blessings!

• Lysa TerKeurst

Thank you Dyana! See you Tuesday through the webcast!

• Dawn

Will we be able to watch the webcast at a later time?

15. Carolyn

Hello Lysa, sending this note is a bit out of my comfort zone so please bear with me 🙂 I just read your August 7th contribution to Proverbs 31 Ministries and felt a very strong nudge to try to contact you – this was the first place I could find 🙂 You spoke of you and your husband’s friend, Wes, and his need to make an important decision. I don’t know where the situation currently sits but I felt an unrelenting push to pass on the idea that he look for a possible business partner who can give solid business direction, so he can focus on the personal giftings he brings to the company. Like I said, this is totally out of my norm and sounds SO busy, and like none of my business! – sorry for that. I pray that you can disregard it if it no longer applies. Thanks for your indulgence, and frequent inspiration through P31.

16. Heidi Hackney

This video brought a smile to my heart. I traveled to Tanzania earlier this year with Compassion International. At the first project we visited, the children were singing This Is The Day as we stepped off the bus. Looking forward to reading the book!

17. Melissa

Have you ever written a post or are there any of your books where you talk about you sharing your past with your family / friends? Specifically your children even? I am struggling with this as I feel led to let The Lord use my past abortion to minister to others and also to find freedom in who I am in Christ as I become transparent but definitely need encouragement and wisdom from someone who has been through it.

18. Mary Ward

Thank you Lysa! I have wanted to serve in missions with more “hands on” but cannot at this time due to a physical illness. It brings great joy to my heart to know in purchasing your books, reading about and praying for your mission work, that these precious children will be blessed. Thank you so much for being the hands and feet that Jesus calls us to be. I will continue to pray daily for the work the Lord has called you to do. And, thank you for inviting us to help in whatever way we can. May Jesus deeply bless you and your family <3

19. Nicole Elwell

I love your video! I have been to Africa three time and this last summer I visited Tanzania. Our church helps support a native run orphanage in Kenya. In June we not only visited Kenya but crossed the border into Tanzania to visit friends and hold church services. I love Africa and some day I think God is calling me to live there and show the people from day to day what it is like to be a Christian. I already bought this book because time management is something I struggle with. How exciting to know it is helping support this work. Thank you so much for all that you do. I look forward to your encouraging posts on Facebook. I am hoping to come to your event in Portland in December.
    Mungu awabariki sana (or in English, The Lord bless you much).
    ~Nicole

20. Denise Q

Lisa,
    Question about Trusting God for a Better Tomorrow….
    Psalm 8, Reward 2, Authority….is the James 4:7 reference correct?
    🙂

21. Tanisha C.

Lysa, I ordered the Kindle version with Whispersync via Amazon.com. May I also have access to the 50 promo items?

22. Betsy

I get a huge warning from my antivirus software when I try to go to the pre-order site. Any ideas why it might be seen as “risky”? Really want to read more about this book–

23. Jane

Hi Lysa,

Could you please post some information on these missions in case we want to support in addition to buying the book? Thanks…

24. Paige

Oh Lysa this is awesome! It’s a dream of mine for my family to do a missions trip together some day. Talk about getting perspective! I’m so so thankful you made me a part of this project by sending my book cost to help. Thanks, lady! Your real ness blesses my hot mess family! Such an encouragement.

25. Julie

I preordered your book and love love it. I hope to be able to afford to order the CD bible study. But I did not receive any of the free stuff that I was to get for pre ordering?

26. Jeff Goins

I love this, Lysa. You are the real deal. You walk what you talk. It’s so cool to watch and learn from you.

27. Kayla Bergholz

Very excited for and with you. We pray this edifies many hearts as we trust it will!! yay Jesus!. Keep on sista and not sure if you would be willing to, but we would love to Edify (encourage and build up) YOU!? Any chance (maybe a small chance but thought we would try) to maybe do a 10- 15 min edifying FaceTime/skpe with you at some point? Only if he leads ya too of course…

28. kobugabe sylvia

Thanks for that compassionate heart and may the almighty see you through.

29. Karen M

Thanks to you, your family, and the ministry of Proverbs 31 for gifting the proceeds to help other Christian ministries that can bring spiritual hope and practical help to those in need. Our Father is well pleased – 🙂

Excited about the BY study starting on Monday – Yes!!

30. Osila Aaron

Is there no provision for those of us who could not get the book but are interested in participating in the bible study? From Nigeria.

Submit a Comment