I am excited to announce that the 2011 She Speaks conference registration is underway! Click here for more information.
And I am offering an opportunity to win one of 2 Cecil Murphy Scholarships I am giving away this week. And if you haven’t heard of Cecil Murphy’s amazing newsletters for writers, you’ll want to click here to subscribe for free! I’ll get to the specifics about the contest at the end of this post.
First, let me tell you a little more about She Speaks and why you should consider attending this year.
Whether you are ready to take the main stage and start speaking at conferences and retreats or whether you want to learn how to more effectively teach a ladies’ Bible Study — this track is for you. After attending this conference you will be equipped to:
- Know how to develop a great message from start to finish.
- Understand what keeps an audience engaged and how to make your message memorable.
- Deliver your message in such a way that not only inspires your audience but motivates them to make life changes.
- Increase your number of booked speaking engagements by using proven marketing strategies.
You have had a passion for writing and have even had people encourage you to write a book, but have never known how to get started on the pathway to publication. You will also be able to make appointments to pitch your book proposal to some of the top Christian publishers– Zondervan, Harvest House, Revell, Discovery House, and several others.
Or maybe you are a blogger and want to learn how to more effectively connect with your readers, increase the impact of your blog, and hear from someone who successfully got a book contract by maximizing her blog platform.
- Whatever the case may be, if you are a writer in the making, after attending this conference you will:
- Discover your unique writing voice and the mechanics of effective writing.
- Understand what publishers are looking for and how to write proposals that get their attention.
- Better understand how to build your writing portfolio by getting published in magazines.
- Know how to write a book that will impact your reader from start to finish.
You know first hand the unique opportunities and challenges that present themselves when you lead a ministry in your church for women. You give and serve all year long — now is your chance to get filled back up with encouragement and training. You’ll have the opportunity to attend a Pre-Conference Intensive as well as the women’s ministry leadership track where you’ll learn how to:
- Build a dream team of ministry partners.
- Cast your vision for ministry in a way others will catch it.
- Distinguish God’s direction for your ministry with confidence.
- Celebrate milestones of your ministry’s effectiveness and keep your team inspired.
Now, here are the rules for the She Speaks Scholarship Contest:
1. You must have a blog. You must link back to this post.
*** Please note, if you do not have a blog — don’t fret. An amazingly generous blogger has donated a scholarship we’ll give away to those who e-mail their entry to Holly@Proverbs31.org with the subject line reading “She Speaks Scholarship Entry.” Please email to Holly by Friday, March 11.
2. Write a post on your blog that tells others a little about the She Speaks Conference and why you would like to win a scholarship.
3. If you want to post the She Speaks button on your site, that would be great! But it is not a requirement. We do request that you include a link both to this scholarship opportunity post as well the She Speaks Conference website .
4. Have your post up by Friday, March 11th, 2011.
5. Enter to win by linking below. *** VERY IMPORTANT*** Please be sure to link the specific page that your entry post is on. Our team of judges will be reviewing the entries and I will post the winners on Monday, March 14, 2011.
6. The winner of this contest will be awarded a scholarship for the cost of one person’s registration for the 2011 She Speaks conference.
The value of this scholarship is $595 which includes your conference materials, conference registration, 2 nights at the conference hotel and meals associated with the conference. Please note it does not include any travel expenses. Also, you will be assigned a room mate or you have the option to pay the extra charge for a private room.
This scholarship is non-transferable and can not be traded for cash.
Best of luck to you sweet friend! I hope to see many of you at She Speaks this year. Can you just imagine the great time that we will have?
I mean seriously, you know there will be some serious learning and some serious fun!
I can’t wait to see your entries. And, I can’t wait to show all of your blogs off to my team of judges!
To find out more about registering for the 2011 She Speaks conference, visit the conference website by clicking here.