7.6.2015

How to Read the Bible in a New Way

I loved God. I was serving in ministry. I was doing all the right stuff but I felt distant and parched.

I’d been reading the Bible because that’s what Jesus-following girls do. But I was tired of reading my same go-to Scriptures over and over. I wanted more. I wanted to dive deeper. I wanted the Bible to make sense and make a difference in how I lived my life.

I was desperate for a fresh experience with God and His Word.

If you can relate to feeling the deep ache of wanting more for your spiritual life, watch the video below…

(If you’re viewing this post in an email, click here to watch the video.)

Pre-order your Experience Guide today for our study of John and get it for a special price of $13! The 21-day study begins July 27. Click here to purchase your Experience Guide.

I can’t wait to take this journey with you!

Comments

I am counting the days till we launch our #First5 App and begin our journey through God’s Word and the Experience Guide together!!! Won’t you join us?

Blessings,

Wendy

• Amy black says

Me too Wendy. I can’t wait to see what God holds for each of us as we dig deeper. Love ya sweet lady. And love u Lysa.

• Mayra Marcus says

Hi I have a question.. Does the first 5 app come out on July 27th? I have been trying to download it and nothing… I want to make sure before i order the book of John.

2. Stacey Mendro says

Just ordered the Experience Guide! Thrilled to dig in to the Book of John! 😀

3. micah says

I have been so excited for this app ever since I heard about it! And now we’re going to be going through my favorite book of the Bible (John) to kick it off?! How amazing! Thank you Lysa and Proverbs 31 for all you do!

4. Peggy Lawing says

I was so impressed by the idea of this app, that I donated to help pay for the expense!

5. Krista says

I cannot wait! This is going to be an amazing journey as we experience God and His Word together…day by day…chapter by chapter…and book by book!! #first5

6. Polly says

This is totally me! I have such a desire for God’s word, but when I try to read it…I feel lost. So excited for this!

My granddaughter told me about this program and was very excited about it. Would love
    to be able to join, but we are on limited income and I wouldn’t be able at this time. I am asking you to pray for me as I have a number of things wrong with my body and want it to stop. such as fibromyalgia, diabetic, congestive heart failure,stage 4 renal failure. red blood cells are not producing my bone marrow, among other problems, high blood pressure.. Thanks for your time, love & prayers coming your way for your ministry. Penny

8. Deanna says

Lysa, it was as if you were telling my spiritual story! Thank you for being real! I’m so excited about this app and study!

I am so on board for the #First5 project! That’s exactly what I encourage through my Seeds of Scripture blog – short daily time in scripture. I’m excited to hear about the format it will take going through one book of the Bible. How appropriate to start with John. I wonder: Does the #First5 devotion stand on it’s own so those new to daily study will feel ‘accomplished’? Or does it push participants to do The Experience Guide? I completely understand and agree that they’ll come to want more, but just giving God their first five minutes can be a new challenge.
    I’m so glad you’re launching this app. I pray it takes hold of people and encourages them to grow closer to God through His Word!

• says

I have the same question, as I would like to share this with some folks but would like to know how much detail the extra book goes in to?

10. Heidi says

In my prayer time this morning I asked God to bring me closer to Him and help me do what I need to do in order to bring more intimacy to my relationship with Him. Minutes later, I saw this post! Thank you for allowing God to use you in speaking to so many people! Ordering my book today! God bless you on this journey!

I’m crying as I listen to Lysa’s video clip of the study. I can’t wait for this study; God is tugging on my heart and this is exactly what I need.

Blessings,
    Debbie

12. Kelly says

Rrad your story of your daughter making choices that weren’t glorifying to you touched my heart with your story about your daughter cause my daughter struggles too. I’ve been praying but she hadn’t made any changes yet. She only has one more year of High school. Thanks for the hope you brought to me. Blessings, Kelly

13. Francene Foster says

Looking forward to this new app and study!

QUOTE OF THE DAY…

“We learn the most from what we have experienced ourselves; and it’s not important whether it brought us pain or joy. Before the mystery of life, the one who looks the most serious and responsible is the one who accepts life as joyful sorrow.”
    (Archbishop Jovan Vranishkovsky)

14. Heather says

I am new here and decided to go with it a bought the book. I am not a new Christian but I am knew at studying the bible. I was just going to church because I felt like I had to but now I want to dive deeper and get to know him. I am excited to do this study. Thank you

15. Liz Walker says

OMGoodness! Been waiting for this for so long and I am so excited. I can’t wait to get into the John Experience. Ordered my book and it’s on its way to me. Thank you Lysa and all your team at Proverbs 31

16. Christy says

I am so excited. I hope we will be able to reflect on this some when I meet you in October