Mother’s Day. A sweet holiday to show your mom just how much you care. But sometimes, it’s just plain hard to think of something new to make this year’s celebration of her stand out. So, I thought it might be helpful to share a few ideas I’ve come across…
1. Hydrangea: Now I know what you’re thinking – “flowers for Mother’s Day? That’s not original at all.” But just wait. There’s a twist. One of the finance gals in the Proverbs 31 office was talking about her most special Mother’s Day present today and I absolutely loved this idea… give your mom a hydrangea that she can plant herself. Then every year when it blooms, she’ll remember that you gave her a special gift that lives on.
2. Farmer’s market: A trip to the local farmer’s market is right up my alley. And I’ll tell you why – I’m really, really trying hard to only eat fruits, vegetables, and lean meats right now. Healthy eating. Yes. So why not spend a day with your mom picking out some fresh produce to make a meal together? And if you’re feeling adventurous, maybe you can buy some cauliflower and avocados to experiment with these healthy summer recipes I posted a few Fridays ago.
3. Cooking classes: Y’all. I’m not even going to pretend I’m a good cook. I’m just not good at it. Period. But learning a thing or two about how to make an easy, tasty meal from someone who knows what they’re doing sounds fun. And the best part? You can find some amazing deals on these classes by going through Groupon or LivingSocial. You can also check with your local grocery store or culinary school to see if they’re offering classes.
4. Necklace: What would a Friday Favorites be without some fun jewelry? And if we’re being honest… every mom loves something to give her outfit a little “pop.”
5. NIV Real-Life Devotional Bible for Women: Give your mom the gift of God’s Word through the NIV Real-Life Devotional Bible for Women. Woven throughout Scripture are daily devotions from the Proverbs 31 team! You can purchase it through our Proverbs 31 store or if you want to give it to mom on Sunday, check with your local Family Christian Bookstore.
And I’m doing a giveaway! Leave a comment telling me your favorite Mother’s Day gift and I’ll pick one person to win a copy of the NIV Real-Life Devotional Bible for Women shown above.