Type your email address here to sign up for
The Best Yes Webcast information list.

Wednesday, December 12

Let’s Talk About You

Good morning my bloggy friends!

I hope that your Christmas preparations are bringing you joy and that you’re finding many things to be thankful for this holiday season.

As for me, I’m thankful for a husband who doubles as a Christmas light connoisseur. There’s nothing I love more than coming home to a house trimmed with white Christmas lights – if you want a little chuckle, read about the Christmas lights debacle of 2008 here.

If you’ve been following me here for any amount of time, you know that I love to write about the things that God is teaching me. I pray that He has spoken to you through my struggles and lessons learned as well.

With this is mind, let’s continue our learning journey. We set off to make imperfect progress together, and I want to stay the course with you.

I hope you feel the same, whatever you’ve faced this year.

As 2012 comes to a close, I’m beginning to look forward to a new year. A fresh start. And a chance to get back into the swing of things as I connect more and more with you here on my blog.

I think the best way to do that is to hear from you today. I want to know you better, as well as the issues that we can conquer together.

So would you mind tucking a little note from you in the comments below? Here are some things I’d love to know…

- Tell me a little bit more about you. Are you a student, single friend, mom, a wife, a grandmother?
- What is an area of your life that you want to focus on improving this year?
- Why do you read my blog?
- How many times a week do you wish I’d post?
- What would a completely perfect day look like to you?

Feel free to answer just some or all of these questions. I can’t wait to read your comments!

I have a feeling that 2013 just might be our best year yet.

I am a mom of two little boys and married to my best friend. For 2013, I want to focus on getting a hold of this work/life balance. My income is needed for our family right now, but the job is very demanding and stressful. I am saying yes to too many things to be able to do this job and be a good mom and wife. I definitely feel my head is in the fridge and my overloaded (but not yellow) pocket book. :) I read your blog because it is one that encourages me, and helps me see I can still be useful to God while juggling all of these things. Some other blogs seem to make me focus on what I lack instead of where I am making progress. Looking at pictures of beautifully planned birthday parties, amazing crafts and home projects and how some moms are finding time for daily family devotions or finding Jesus lessons while whipping up pancakes from scratch, sometimes depress me instead of encourage me. Yay for those women! But I am struggling to find my place. Your tidbits of real life and scripture seem to speak to me and are things I write in my beloved daily calendar I carry everywhere to remind me I am loved and a child of God regardless. I would like you to post how ever often God prompts you to post. A perfect day for me would be a lazy slow morning with kids and coffee, a tromp in the woods or beach with my family with no schedule, and coming home to a clean house with dinner ready. Merry Christmas to you and yours and thank you so much for sharing your heart! ~Paige

• 419
      Carol Senn says:

Paige,
      I am in the exact same boat as you! I could not have written a better description of where I am at in life(except for having a teenage son and tween daughter), how I feel about Lysa’s posts and what my ideal day would be. :) I struggle with having such deep desire to be what I feel that God calls me to be and yet feeling almost resentful that my job and crazy schedule/responsibilities is keeping me from it. I know it’s a mindset change on my part to find a way to serve God in all areas, even the crazy hectic areas. It’s remembering first, though, that I am His child, and He wants me to bring all this crazy, hectic stuff to Him.
      May you have a wonderfully blessed New Year!
      Carol

Hey Lysa!

I want to say first, I LOVE YOUR APP! It’s so much more easy to keep up with your blog this way! I was super excited to learn you had created one!

I am 23 years old, I am a wife, sister, daughter, sunday school teacher, friend and mommy to be! I read your blogs because they inspire me and encourage me to press on!

You never want to be the person who needs the encouragement but, at only 23 I have faced many terrible heartbreaks. The kind that will never go away. The ones you love with every single day! And your blog reminds me that God is in control and Hes on my side!

You may never know how much they help others! I thank you!

Elisabeth

JoAnne Laureano says:

Hi Lysa,
    I am a mother of three grown children and a grandmother of two grandbabies. I recently attended a First Place 4 Health program and we did your Made to Crave books. I have learned so much from those 6 weeks. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing that book. I have read it three times already. I felt like God put me in that class for a reason. I have grown closer to Jesus and that is what I always prayed for. I have also prayed for peace in my life and I have found it because of you. I was sad when it ended, but because of your blogs I can still feel close to you. thank you and God bless you. Have a Merry Christmas and a happy and blessed new year.
    Sincerely,

JoAnne Laureano (A JESUS GIRL)

Dearest Heavenly Father…Please wrap Your strong arms of love around the families and friends of SandyHook.Elementary…..hold those whose hearts must surely feel as though they are breaking especially close. Let them all know and feel Your comfort every day as they bravely face each new dawn…let them sense the prayers of millions who are claiming Your peace for them…In Your precious name..Amen

Thank you for your beautifully described entry about the mommies of Sandy Hook. It painted in words such a clear picture of reality for these parents and also their family and friends. Yes, prayer for them is vital and God is their refuge and hope…Merry Christmas to you, sister…..

Hi, I know it’s a little delayed…but thought I’d reply to some of your questions anyway :).
    So I’m a student and the area of my life that I’d like to improve most this coming year is time management, using my time efficiently and in a way that will bring glory to God. So not only having the ability to focus on my studies daily, but to do it by surrendering it all to God. I want my journey to be more constant, rather than going from constant ups and downs. I read your blog because so many of your thoughts and ideas are incredible encouraging, challenging and truly honest. I really enjoy reading them, thanks! Anyway I hope you have a really blessed and peaceful Christmas time and remember to rest in Him.

B. Goldman says:

I pray that as you see a sunset or feel the rays of sun on your back, you’ll feel the presence of the Lord of all who is and will be with you through all the days to come. There will be those times when you feel alone in all of your grief, but be assured, you are loved and YOUR GRIEF IS SHARED by all of us who spent the past days glued to the television looking at the pictures of those precious little ones and feeling the pain as if it were ours alone.. We will continuously lift you up in prayer and ask the angels of comfort to surround you at every turn.

I was given your book “Unglued” Tuesday when I went to council with a local pastor because I felt like I was losing my mind over a devasting situation happening in my life. I am a 43 year old (soon to be 44) women who has had struggles with relationships all my life. I was first married at the age of 17 because I became pregnant with my now 26 year old daughter. We thought it was what we were supposed to do because we were going to be parents. I soon found out that he wasn’t ready to be a husband and could not give up his life style. We divorced within a year and half of being married. I met my 2nd husband right before my daughter turned 2. We dated for about a year and then married. I was hesitant but married anyway because I felt I wouldn’t find a man who would accept me with a child. It was a rocky marriage from the start. He enjoyed his nightly beers with the guys or at home or where ever and that was a strain. A year after we were married I gave birth to my son who is now 21. For years things really stayed the same. He always felt we had to “keep up with the Jones” and that was hard when I was used to clipping coupons and just trying to make ends meet. Finally in our 10th year of marriage I found out he was having an affair with a co-worker. I was completely devastated and found myself in my car deciding if I was going to drive to my friends church or off a cliff…as you can see I chose church! We began the rebuilding process of our marriage but something still wasn’t feel right. It was only after about a year that I became ill and well you guess it, it again came out that he was cheating once again. This time he lost his job over it and his new job required us to move to another state. I had just landed a job with the school district in my city which I had been trying to get for years and my daughter was just graduating high school. Needless to say I wasn’t very happy about leaving all of my family behind, leaving my new job and having to move my entire life somewhere else. We settled in, made some friends and things were going well. Then my son started have troubles in high school. Always getting into trouble for acting out in class, smoking, drinking, basically falling of the deep end. We had been working with doctors because he had had troubles with behavior for awhile but nothing seemed to be working. And then once again I suspected my husband of his indiscretions and I was right but this time he wouldn’t admit it. After 17 years of marriage I decided that’s it I’m done! We filed for divorce, he and my son moved yet again to another state. I also made a choice to move shortly after that when I met what I thought was a wonderful man. Yes, now I look back and realize it was too soon but love makes you do crazy things. I moved this time further away from my family but thought, you know it’s time for me to experience life! My daughter was just about ready to graduate college and my son was choosing to live with his father, now it’s time for me! For 3 years I had a “fairy tale” relationship! He was very loving, caring and attenative to me. My parents loved him, he was very respectful to them and really fit in well. He had 2 biological children and 2 step children from his previous marriage. Everything was going great until the first summer his biological came to visit us. His children were very influenced by their mother to act out with me and tell there dad they didn’t like me. I tried very hard to be a good person to them but nothing I would do seemed right. In the end I believe he chose his children but he would never tell me why he ended our relationship. I tried so hard to convince him that I would be there forever and that his children would someday not always be there for him and that we could work through this but nothing. You talk about my emotions going into overdrive. WOW is all I can say! I went from great relationship to destruction in 60 seconds! I was now going to be really on my own. I found a little house, moved in, had just landed a wonderful job 3 weeks before he did this and thought “well here goes nothing!” I chose to stay in the small town we had moved to even though I was 1000 miles from my family but I really liked it here and I loved my new job! I threw myself into work even though I was deeply depressed. No one knew what was even going on except my close friends. After about 8 months of reading any book I could get my hands on including my bible, having days I couldn’t get out of bed, I got down on my knees and released everything to God. Within a month doors started opening! I was out with friends one night and ran into a gentleman that I had met when I first moved to town. When I had first met him, he was married and expecting his first child. He was now divorced about a year and a half. We ended up going on a date a couple weeks later and quickly entered into a relationship. I was very cautious and told him I didn’t want anything serious. He agreed and we just continued to enjoy each others company and get to know each other. After about 2 months I met his son and fell in love with this adorable little 3 yr old boy. Six months into the relationship we went on a weekend getaway with his entire family and that’s when he said he was falling in love with me. I told him no it couldn’t happen because this relationship wasn’t suppose to get serious for either of us, he because he had had a bad ending to his marriage and me because I was scared. He told me to just relax and let life happen and go with it. Nothing needed to change. Well as the months passed I did fall more and more in love with him and he with me. Everyone was so happy for us and his family could see such a happiness in him that they had not seen before. His son was even happier when he was with us and would always tell me he loved me. Well, 3 weeks ago he said he needed a break from everything going on in my life and that he just needed some time. My son had moved to town and was having lots of issues and ended up having an altercation with me that landed him in jail, my daughter was angry with me about something I had said to her and wasn’t talking to me, I had decided to buy a house because the one I’d been house sitting was possibly going to not be available and he and I knew we weren’t ready to live together or marriage and I had had a fight with my boss at work. You talk about a few months of emotions, I was having lots of them. He was very supportive in the beginning and really right up to the moment right before he said he needed this time. Well, needless to say he has now decided that he wants no relationship, he won’t discuss it with me, won’t see me, nothing. He has thrown up a wall that is tighter than Fort Knocks! I’m completely devestated, no one has any answers and even his family is confused. I’m still dealing with the issues with my son, my daughter is still not speaking to me and my house fell through because of a prior judgement on the property. At least my boss and I have worked things out. These last 3 weeks again the emotions are running full speed and causing me to make very poor choices when it comes to talking to him or acting out towards him. I don’t want him to think I’m nuts because I know there is something there. I don’t want to give up on him because I know he is struggling with his own demons but Lord this is hard.
    When I was given your book I immediately could relate! I’m burying myself in it and God is on speed dial! I’m sorry if I took up way to much space I just started typing and couldn’t stop. I can’t wait to read more and explore your blog. Right now I need all the feeding and prayer I can get from the Lord. I have tremendous feelings of guilt as well because I know there are people out there with way worse problems than me and I lift them in prayer as well.
    Thank you for the opportunity to share.

Diana Wheeler says:

Merry Christmas to you and thank you for your honest insight into what God has taught
    you. I just started reading Unglued and can totally relate because I am having struggles
    with my 26 year old step daughter (her dad and I have only been married 2 years)
    I have come unglued very recently with how she treats me especially around
    Christmas, she is refusing to come here this year and her dad is very hurt by her actions
    but also finds me to be to blame, even though I have reached out to her several times
    to make peace with her over the 2 years. Her “stuff” is still in our home (the home she
    grew up in , I moved into when we married) so the issues started over that stuff
    I recently bought a consignment store so don’t have as much time to read your blog
    as when I was a receptionist and read it daily then. I had some time today so thought
    I’d see what encouragement you had and as always it helps me when I do.
    Thanks

Bonnie Bolton says:

My name is Bonnie and I am 44 years old. My husband and i live in ohio. I have been married to my very best friend, Hugh, going on 13 years. Each of us have a child from our previous marriages. Our daughter is about to be 23 and is married and they have our pride and joy, Clayton. He is 17 months old. Unfortunately, they live in NC since our son in law is in the marine corps.

Our son is 19 and just completed his first semester at Miami of Ohio.

My husband is the CEO of his firm and he works tirelessly to provide for our family but also carries responsibility for those who for him. I am so proud of the man he is.

I do not work out of the home anymore. I was previously the Sr. Human Resouces Manager for a firm, but due to family issues we decided it would be best for me to stay home.

My real story began on September 20 in 2007. This is the day I donated my kidney to my best friend. My friend had my kidney for almost 15 months before she went into rejection and ultimately had to have it removed and go on dialysis. She wasn’t bitter. She lived an amazing life for those 15 months and was so grateful for those times – as am I.

About a year after the surgery, I became very ill. Turns out that I now have disease called Gastroparesis. It means my stomach is essentially paralyzed. The doctors believe that a nerve got damaged during the transplant.

I am now required to use feeding tube for the majority of my nutrition. I am in and out of the hospital for dehydration or some other complication.

My best friend went home to be with The Lord on November 11,2011. I struggled with her death. I had feelings of anger, guilt, and even resentment. How could this have happened?

It wasn’t until God came to me and told me that just because it was my friends time, it wasn’t mine. He still has plans for me. It started with me going back to school!

Now, I have not been in school in over 25 years. All I have was an associate degree in business. After doing a lot of research, I felt led to attend Liberity University’s online program in Christian counseling and a minor in Religous Studies. I will be beginning my 4
    semester in January.

By going to school. I feel like I have a purpose now. I have no idea where this will lead, but I know this is the first step!

Lysa, I heard of your book Unglued through a recommendation of Tim Clinton. I read it I’m 2 days! My women’s Bible Study is going through it now. It has been life changing!

I love the daily affirmations from you and the members of the Ministry. I also subscribe to the magazine! It is my favorite!

God bless you and Merry Christmas

Bonnie

Michelle Lopez says:

I’m 45 years old. Married to Jesus. Mom of 5 amazing boys ranging from 15 to 26. Three grand children and another on the way. My best friend, Ana, gave me Made to Crave and I just finished it last week. It was very timely as about 3 months ago I decided it was time to obey and stop struggling in that aspect of my life. God has outpoured His Spirit through my reading of your book as well as other resources, prayer, and daily surrender. Others in my church have taken noticed and have started to make changes as well. I’m hooked! I just bought Unplugged along with the participant’s guide and can’t wait to get started on it tonight! Thank you for sharing and may God continue to bless your ministry!

Hi, I am always a little late adding my two cents worth, but since you asked so nicely I thought I would take a stab at answering your questions. I am married with three (pre-born) children in heaven. I have been married for 25 years. I am currently unemployed due to two stupid mistakes called speeding tickets, one undeserved which I didn’t fight and the second sue to lack of attention. Both were wreckless driving tickets because of a commercial drivers license and going over 15 mph above the speed limit. I have over 17 years and two million miles safe driving without a speeding ticket, but that doesn’t matter now. Two mistakes and now my driving career is over. I am so glad God is so much more gracious and forgiving. I am not really complaining. I wanted off the road anyway.
    I want to go back to school to get my psychology degree, so I can help messed up people like me.
    I read your blag because you are so open and honest about yourself and because you make me laugh.
    Gotta tell you, I was reading “Unglued” while waiting for Jury duty selection. I was in a huge courtroom with about 150 other people. I became so engrossed in the book that I didn’t realize everyone had gotten quiet. And of course that is when I read one of your funnies and laughed out loud. Even the judge heard me. I wanted to crawl under my chair. I won’t be doing that again.
    I don’t get to read your blog posts right away, so I play catch up later. I read every single one. I like the frequency that you post. Don’t change.
    A perfect day for me would be in the arms of Jesus with my brother, children, and grandmas. A perfect day here on earth would be to walk onto a tragic scene and be the person to the hurting that Jesus would be. I love being there when tragedy hits and being able to give some love, assurance, tenderness, calmness, and hope.

Gina Williams says:

Hi Lysa. My name is Gina Williams and I am so excited that I have found this Blog and your page. I just recently got your book, Unglued. It is amazing how God knew I needed that book. I had seen it somewhere, I can’t remember where, but I knew this was something I needed in my life. A few weeks went by and I was talking to a friend about how horrible of a mother I felt I was. She told me I needed to get the book “Unglued”. Needless to say I had chills all over and knew this was my answer, God was softly speaking to me, He knew… It amazes me how the smallest things He confirms to us He is there… I received it Friday the 21st and I am just on Exploders….. But I am taking my time, making notes and really letting things sink in. So, now that I have given my testimony, I will answer some of your questions. I am a 29 year old mother of 2 and wife of a wonderful man, I like to think not too many are lucky to find. I was 15 when we met, I was praying for my soul mate, God knew once again how much that meant to me, even at a young age and provided him for me… I just started singing in church, I have a dream of becoming a contemporary singer, I am ministered to by music, and I want to minister with music. Music is in my soul and I know God has put that there. Whether or not I am to become a singer outside of church may be my dream, but just getting the opportunity to sing songs that have such a meaning that I feel the Holy Spirit in means so much. This was a dream God put in my heart at an early age and thanks to a revival we went to, that was held at our (now) home church, which I had been praying for for years to be close to home ( can anyone say 5 minutes…. Woootwooot ) But I had every intention of singing that night and I just couldn’t do it. Well in the middle of the revival, the preacher stops and says, God is telling me there is someone here that is meant to sing…. I looked at my husband, he looked at me and I just couldn’t move. I couldn’t believe it. I was filled with the Holy spirit when I was 15, and it seems that was the age all these seeds were planted in my heart. It has taken some years but I see them coming to pass. This year what I want to focus on the most is being the woman I know God has created me to be. I do want him to chisel and mold me. I need patience with my kids and husband. I do not want to be a yeller… I am a yeller… I want to spend more Bible time with my 6 year old, more quality time with them period. I work and by the time I get home, I am tired and don’t have the energy to do much. Baths and homework then bed. And I don’t want that. I know God see’s more in me and I want that brought out this year. I have been prayed over in church my husband has been prayed and prophesied over, and my message from God has always been boldness like I’ve never had and those who are faithful with little… my husband has been told of his calling, he has a robe of a King, has a calling, a high calling. I believe preaching, and I pray that He will get where He needs to be with the Lord to do His work. I want to be workers for the Lord, do everything at my best ability… Sometimes like the book says, I feel like I am never going to be changeable to do these things, but I know God will finish this great work in which he has started….. Thank you so much for all you do. Sorry I wrote you a book, I had no intention but it was there and I felt the need to tell you…

Lysa, I am a 52 yo female who found out about you and your writings and web site when I searched a book store for something to help me solve the mental piece of the weight loss puzzle. I have been gaining and losing the same 30 pounds for almost 30 years. I knew in my heart that I needed to connect with God in a different way to make this work, and reading your book Made to Crave was that final puzzle piece. I read the book once and it really hit home and your words were my words. Several months later I did the 6 week program, and it helped so much. Since June of 2012 I have lost 43 pounds, and I now feel at peace with God about my eating habits. I so appreciate your style of writing and connecting with people. God has given you a wonderful gift. Thank you for your ministry.

Kristi Kinser says:

I have been a wife for ten years and a step-mother to 2 children ages 23 and 15. I am also a mom to my son, six years old. I need desperate help with my marriage. We have no time together and when we do all we do is argue about the silliest of things. I’ve been planning where to go when I leave because I’m tired of being unhappy. However, when I truly think about it, I’m not sure if I’ve ever been happy. I love God but I’m not close enough to him and I very often forget to turn to him in my times of trouble. I loved your book Made to Crave and I enjoy listening to you speak mon Focus on the Family. A perfect day for me would be to wake up early and feel completely rested. I would be ready before anyone else and I would cook them breakfast. I would love on my husband and play with my little one. We would do something as a family and we would all enjoy it. I think that’s about it. Thank you so much for what you and your team does!

HI, I am a married stay at home mom to 4 kids. I just finished Unglued and its the first I book of yours that I have read. I am new to you and your writing and ministry. I think I was referred to your book Unglued from one of Lisa Whelchel’s books. Not 100% sure on that but glad I found you and your ministry. I feel like we have a lot in common (personality type possibly) when I read Unglued. I was very inspired and enlightened by your writing to Exploders who blame. That’s me most of the time with my husband. I am tend to stuff and distance with friendships and some family. So thanks for your insights. I am working toward imperfect progress too.

Anyway, as you asked….. I am working on myself and marriage this year honestly. My husband and I are on our second Biblical counseling session and it’s going well. After being married for 12 1/2 years I think we weren’t on the same page and needed to have a mediator to help us get a vision in place for our marriage. It’s been hard but I do see progress in us. I feel our true “counselor” Jesus is molding and chiseling off our imperfections. Your book Unglued also has shed light on working on ME! So thank you! I am working on my my emotions, being intentional on my words/actions, what’s my impact when I act or don’t act, improving my marriage communication, not getting angry (taking time to process), self control with my words, and putting as much effort into my time with God (reading his word) as I do in getting to my kids activities on time. I tend to put reading the Bible on the back burner and just pray and talk to God. I think now I was being one-sided with God and only praying and talking to God. My eyes were opened recently (after reading your book) and it made sense that I need to let HIM speak to me through His word not just me talking to him in prayer. I am still working on this and want to make it habit and priority in 2013 and beyond.

This is my first time on your blog so I will look around more. I like 1 to 2 times a week of encouragement maybe.

A perfect simple day would be sleeping in, late breakfast with the family, staying in PJ’s till 11am, lunch, then shopping for something I have saved for (or doing a hobby with my kids OR quality time with a friend or hubby while the kids read and/or take a nap), then going out to do something fun as a family and go out for dinner so I don’t have to cook. I am a quality time person so that’s me.

Thanks for being you, sharing your struggles & successes, and love for Christ. It’s a gift and you are blessing others with it.

Happy New Year.

April Smith says:

Lysa, I am a 23 year old female who actually just found out about your blog. I have just been trying to find some devotionals and just little notes to read with encouragement. In my current circumstances right now my desire in growth is to learn what it means to be a women. Also I have been wondering in how do I lay my desires down to God. It seems so simple but hard at the same time because I have so many dreams and desires such as marriage one day and to really serve full time in ministry. I’m at a point just ready to soak up any thing.

Kathy Peck says:

I meant to tend to this days ago but have had no time!
    I am a wife (38 yrs), a mom (2 grown kids), a grama (3) and a caregiver to my 86 yr old Mom. Mom lives in a small house across the driveway from my husband, Steve and I. On Dec. 23 she fell on her back deck and fractured her right ankle so I have been spending a lot of time with her tending to her needs. Then running home to tend to our home and my honey! But it’s ok…God is giving me the extra strength to do this and I feel very blessed that I am able to help my Mom and take care of her.
    This coming year I desire to focus on taking better care of myself! I take care of everyone else first. (does that sound familiar to anyone?) So that is going to be a focus for me this coming year. Made to Crave has gotten me on the right track and I just need to work to stay there. As I have been helping my Mom, I have been made more aware of the fact that I need to lose some weight and work on my physical strength. It can only benefit me in the long run.
    Lysa, I read your blog because you are honest about everything and you really make me think about how what you are talking about applies to my own life. You make me ‘get real’ with myself about many things and I greatly appreciate that! Besides…I just really like you and enjoy reading what you have to say!
    I have no clue what a completely perfect day would look like! lol Maybe time to do something enjoyable with my hubby…that would be nice. Spending time with my daughter and grandkids…that would be nice. (They live in a different state so we only see them once a year)
    Well…since this is the last day of 2012 may I wish you God’s richest blessings in the New Year! xo

Tonya holzworth says:

Well, I am a teacher with a nice long 4 week break. This is when I get a chance to slow down and read the Lord’s word to help me deal with the difficult stuff in the following year. I have two beautiful children and a wonderful husband. I feel fortified with a plan after reading “Unglued.” Lysa, I can relate to so much in that book. It often brought me to tears. Thank you!

A little about me…I am a mom of 2 teenagers, one who will be old enough to move soon. I am married to wonderful man. I used to be an overachiever but a sudden illness/surgery a couple years ago changed that in me. I was a business owner pre-surgery but now can barely hold a job. I have a lot of baggage. Most days I feel like a failure in life. I read your blog for encouragement and a dose of perspective. I enjoy hearing you on the radio and reading your blog I even downloaded your ap which I’m very grateful for.

Hanneke Develing says:

Hi Lysa, Just a bit late but I still want to write you back. I am a 34 years old mom from the Netherlands. Thats why my English isn’t that good :-) Married, have 3 beautiful girls, and I am a teacher. Together with my husband we are planting a church in our town.
    An area in life that I want to improve is my intimacy with God. I am longing to get to know what He feels, thinks, all the day. To stay so close with Him in all I do. And another area is: face the fear….I dont want to run anymore from dangers or unknown situations. Most of the times this has to do with people.
    I read your blog because one of my facebook-friends (she is from the US) posted a link on facebook. Your blog attracted me because you are a woman of God in daily life, just normal but I can sense Gods life in you. There are not a lot of this kind of blogs in the NL so I love to read yours. It makes me feel that I am not the only one with struggles and I love to learn from you.
    Thanks for serving this way!

Hi Lysa, I only got to your blog this morning, for the first time this year! Let me explain. I am from South Africa, and just returned from a glorious month of beach and sunshine and love with my husband and 9, yes 9, children. Our summer vacation is now only a blessed memory and I have my work cut out for me. Last week, 8 of my children returned to school, what a job. I am in full time woman’s ministry and a Christian Faith (Life) Coach. This year I only have my 2 year old princess with me in the mornings, It does not help with productivity, at all. Lo and behold I am not a stickler for routine, so we take life as it comes, with sometimes disastrous results, I may add! I love your blog, it reminds me so much of my life. Keep up the Kingdom work you and your team are doing, and know that it reaches us at the ends of the earth, as well. Warm African greetings and blessings. Love, Gerlinde Kruger

Hi Lysa:

I am a 58 yr. old Mimi (grandmother). This year my focus is to be healthier spiritually, physically, and mentally. Some friends and I actually wrote out our 5 point plans to beat our challenges this year. We are meeting weekly and holding each other accountable. As with most women, we want to lose excess weight by eating healthier and exercising. We recognize that we need to have a close personal relationship with the Lord and to meet with Him daily in prayer and reading from His word. We are going to rely on His power to help us with our challenges. My perfect day looks like this: wake up at 5 a.m., be in the Word and prayer journal by 5:15, have coffee at 6:00 with my husband, then get ready for work. If I begin my day like this with God first, the rest is always better! When I put coffee and even my husband before God…it’s just not the same. God has to be the first in my day. Thank you for sharing your life with us. It makes all the difference with so many Christian women. Your openness is a blessing to us. Your humor is a God-send! All the best to you and Proverbs Ministry in 2013.