Hi Friends, if you're looking for the final The Best Yes webcast replay, click here.

Wednesday, July 11

What I Say. What I Ponder. It Matters.

For example…Made to Crave was all about the struggle with what I put in my mouth. Unglued is all about the struggle of what comes out of my mouth.

Lovely.

And of course, when I release a book on the topic of my struggle, I’m going to get attacked in that very area. Seriously. In the past couple of weeks I’ve attracted some major unglued situations. I just keep breathing and praying and reading through the Scriptures scattered all throughout the pages of Unglued.

Maybe it’s strange that I go back and read my own book looking for help. Maybe not.

I’m just a simple messenger who sometimes, a lot of times, needs reminders.

At the end of the day, my struggles with feeling unglued come down to this–the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart.

What I say. What I ponder.

Both matter.

Remember the words from Psalm 19:14, “May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

If I’m speaking words that honor the Lord and yet my heart is pondering bitter, ugly, resentful thoughts…I need to address this.

At the same time, if I’m loving the Lord in my heart but my words deny that reality…I need to address this.

What I say. What I ponder.

This is what Unglued is all about.

So, I’m continuing the pre-release Unglued party we started yesterday. Today’s big reveal?
The book trailer….

And I have more PRIZES too!

Today I’m giving 3 commenters $50 gift certificates toward any Unglued products you want. All you have to do to enter is visit the new Unglued website by clicking here. Then come back and leave a comment below, telling me your favorite part of the Unglued website.

Fun, yes?

All winners from contests this week will be announced on Monday.

Jennifer Shackelford says:

My favorite part of your website is the people and their comments on the right side of the screen. Seeing how your book has given hope to others gives me hope before I can even get my hands on the book. I believe this book will change my marriage. I’m the one who reacts too much and my husband and mother stuff it all in, so maybe with your book we can help each other go the other direction until we meet in the middle. :) Thank you! I can’t imagine the effort that goes into writing a book. I know the Lord is smiling on you.

Jesukah says:

Haha! I was so busy commenting I forgot to say my favorite part for the contest ;) I appreciate the webcast and the testimonies!

I copied your scripture passasges from your devotion today – thanks. Found a way to sum it up for myself to apply it to what I may be feeling.
    HURT “My days have passed, my plans are shattered, and so are the desires of my heart.” (NIV 1984) – I BELIEVE
    CRUSHED Nahum 1:7… “The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.” (NIV 1984) – I BELIEVE
    HIS PLAN Proverbs 19:20-21… “Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.” (NIV 1984 )- I BELIEVE
    WHY Isaiah 55:9b … “My ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (NIV 1984) – I BELIEVE
    TRUST AND CHOOSE WELL Psalm 37:3-4 … “Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.” (NIV 1984) – I BELIEVE

right now my favorite part is the 5 day challenge. i know my attitude affects my outlook. looking forward to unglued! :)

Very interested in this new book!!! I have what I call diarrhea of the mouth!! Maybe this book will help me! I’m thinking it might be a great book for my fall bible study girls!!! Can’t wait!!

Lora Kuhn says:

My favorite part of the website is the webcast introducing your new book. The roller coaster just really set the stage for demostrating how life is a roller coaster of ups,downs, turns and twist of life and one of our biggest obstacles is learning how to handle the things that life throws at us the way God would have us handle it. I appreciate that you open yourself up to the world and so honest about your everday struggles. These are not issues that most people discuss and we don’t realize how many of us actually deal with the same issues and how much encouragment we need from one another. Thank you!

My favorite part just immediately is the book trailer! Loved it and found it to be such a good way to generate even more interest in your book! Such a cute presentation. :)

Katie Ruley says:

I am THRILLED to hear about Lysa’s new book! I think it will be a wonderful fit for a Mothers Bible Study group that I am a part of. I am also looking forward to the Unglued Challenge via e-mail! :-)

Can’t wait to read the new book! New website is great! Hooray Lysa!

Loved the book trailer video!

The free downloadables are awesome!

“If you ever want to know what issues I have, all you have to do is look at my book titles. I write about my struggles and all that God teaches me through them.”

I appreciate that you put yourself out there in your books. I love that you are authentic in that way. Thank you!

Quite often when I pray I ask the Lord to help me to be quick to listen , slow to speak, and slow to become angry! Unglued sounds as if it is right up my alley! It is funny, I know He gave me this bold approach for a reason, I just have to make sure I use it for His glory!,

Stephanie says:

I just purchased “Made to Crave” and the devotional book. On page 11, I just cried like a baby when you talked about it’s not the how to but the want to! I have looked at the books in Wal-mart and decided to pick the junk food over the healthy living. I always wait til next week. I’m crying out to God to help me! Thanks for writing the book. I’m so excited! I said all of that to say this…I looked you up on the Internet and found out about the new book- Unglued! Wow! I have needed this book for a long time! I look forward to August 7th. It seems the unhappier I am about my weight, the more unglued I become with those around me. God is certainly using you and your ministry to get me on the the right path. The funny thing…I’m so ready for this journey!

I love the Unglued Challenge & resources. Can’t wait to get your book!

I really liked the assessment which helped me to define what I do in relationships. I seem to have opposing responses. Sometime I won’t say anything but stuff it all and end up with internal resentment or depending on the person, I open my mouth too soon and then regret it. Sounds like a very helpful book!

My favorite part of the unglued website are the 5 day challenges.

I LOVED your Made to Crave book which really made me think about food and it’s hold over us as humans. I am VERY anxious to read Unglued, as most days I feel like an emotional mess! I also love all the scripture verses that I can bookmark and go back to as needed. YOU are a blessing and so real!! Thanks Lysa!!

Love the testamonies…..I love EVERYTHING you write!! You’ve helped me so much and have touched my heart. You’ve made me cry and laugh so hard. Love u lots!!!!!!!

I cannot wait to read then unleash this latest release on my bible study women… So needed! The website offers great insight in to the curriculum…. Yeah Lysa!!!

I like the comments on the right side of the screen. Also like the unglued challenge :)

Becki McKee says:

My favorite part of the web site was the five day challenge. I cannot wait to get the first day to see where this leads me and what changes God has in store for me through this book. I hope to teach this in our ladies Bible study.

Jodi Sloss says:

Lysa, It is so good to know that we have a loving God who is right along side of us….guiding and directing ;even when we mess up! The world we live in, this temporary world can stretch us to our limits! Thank you for stepping out in faith and sharing your struggles with such personal and difficult situations.

My favorite part of the website is that it uses words we can identify with…unglued, unplugged, morning mamma drama …..