My new book, Unglued, doesn’t release until August but Zondervan (my amazing publisher) was kind enough to send some pre-release copies! Yes, pre-release copies, which means you’ll get to read it before anyone else.
And I have some to give away today if you leave a comment below telling me a friend with whom you’d like to read this book. Three commenters will win one for themselves and one to give a friend!
If you were standing in my kitchen right now you’d see me doing two things:
* A cartwheel (a scary one with bent legs and an off kilter landing)
* And you’d see me handing out a few advance copies of Unglued with shaking hands and eager eyes.
I told some friends yesterday that releasing a book is a bit like putting on a bikini, standing in front of the world, and daring to ask, “Well, whatcha’ think?”
Not that I’ve worn a bikini in years nor have plans to wear one in the future, but the vulnerability of seeing my heart displayed on thin white pages for all the world to read is a bit like that.
It’s terrifying and wonderfully exciting all at the same time.
The terrifying part is nothing but unfiltered insecurity. Let’s just call it like it is.
But the wonderfully exciting part is pure hope that this message…might it help you:
* Know with confidence how to resolve conflict in your important relationships.
* Find peace in your most difficult relationships as you learn to be honest but kind when offended.
* Identify what type of reactor you are and how to significantly improve your communication.
* Respond with no regrets by managing your tendencies to stuff, explode or react somewhere in between.
* Gain a deep sense of calm by responding to situations out of your control without acting out of control.
You want to know one of my “unofficial” goals for this Unglued book? That you will be laying in bed one night and either call a friend or roll over and say to your husband, “Oh my heavens, I have to read you this part. This story will show you, I’m not the only crazy one with my reactions and emotions. Oh my stars, you really aren’t going to believe this…”
And then you’ll keep reading and somehow, through the tangle of my stories and lessons learned and Biblical insights, you’ll grab hold of some truths that will shift something deep inside. A wonderful shift that helps you make wiser choices in the midst of your own raw emotions.
Yes, that’s my hope.
So, without further ado, here’s a little picture of the advance copy of Unglued! And no, there will be no pictures of that bikini I mentioned. Oh heavens no!