Type your email address here to sign up for
The Best Yes Webcast information list.

Thursday, April 26

This is news- This is not truth

Your prayers and notes have been such wonderful gifts to me. And not just to me. Last night, I found Art sitting at the sticky farm table reading your blog comments and prayers. (And let me tell you there is hardly anything more sexy to me than my man caring enough to read my blog and the comments. Oh yes ma’am!)

Over sharing I know, but we’re among friends here, right? And you are wonderful friends for caring so much about me.

Thank you.

Seriously, thank you.

One of the emails I got was from my friend, Shaunti Feldhahn. It contained one line that stirred me so much I just had to share it… “Lysa this is news. This is not truth.”

Wow.

I’ve always thought of news and truth as one in the same. What the doctor gave me was news. Honest news based on test results and medical facts.

But what I have access to is a truth that transcends news. What is impossible with man’s limitations is always possible for a limitless God.

So, I find myself looking at the word impossible a little differently today.

Impossible when looked at in light of Shaunti’s note to me could be completely different if I just stick a little apostrophe between the first two letters. Then it becomes I’m-possible. God is the great I AM. Therefore He is my possibility for hope and healing.

I’m-Possible is a much more comforting way to look at anything that feels quite impossible.

I suspect many of us have things in our life that feel impossible. Maybe you just got some bad news. News of an impossible financial situation. News of an impossible job situation. News of an impossible kid situation. News of an impossible friend situation. News of an impossible medical situation.

Whatever news you just got or will get, I pray Shaunti’s advice helps you too. This is news. This isn’t truth.

This is truth:

I AM THE WAY AND THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.
John 14:6-“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

I AM FOREVER FAITHFUL.
Psalm 146:6—“He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them-he remains faithful forever.”

I AM WITH YOU.
Isaiah 41:10–“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

I AM HOLDING YOU.
Psalm 73:23—“Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.”

I AM YOUR HIDING PLACE.
Psalm 32:7—“You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.”

If there is any comfort for me with this on going hearing loss and screeching noise constantly screaming in my ear, it’s knowing that somehow God will use this for good. And that God will be my possible in the midst of what can sometimes feel so stinkin’ impossible.

Of course, I still have those less spiritually secure moments where I feel like I’m going to lose my mind. And cry. And pitch a little hissy fit.

So, please keep praying for me.

And let me know how I can pray for you.

hi Lysa!! first, let me say enjoyed you so much at EW in pensacola!!! you have already helped me with some things!!

was just reading an email from prov31, and it said i could add a request for my marriage. i could really use that!! weve been married 11 years, and sometimes i feel as though we are working on the same issues as we were day one. communication is horrible between us. we just cant do it. someone seems to get defensive, or blow up everytime. i dont know how to talk to him about anything, b/c for one,he’s not a talker, and 2 it always seems to blow up!! im just at a loss. we are both Christians, but this just seems to be one thing we cant get right! i thank you for your prayers.

Though somewhat new to the Lysa TerKeurst fan-club, your books have been such a blessing in my life… my husband has seen a change in me and has delighted to watch me laugh, and sometimes cry, along with passages from your writings! It is obvious that God is working through you, all glory to Him of course!

Having said that, after reading on your blog about this recent medical trauma, I was amazed by the way in which complete strangers could feel as though a dear friend was personally reaching out for prayer. Like many others have said already, our family is joining together in prayer to the Father for you. May His peace be yours as you wait on Him to provide clarity, and I hope a miracle.

Valeria alston howard says:

Pleasepray for my family, my husband and I are young only 25 and we’ve been together for 7 years. We have a 4&3 year old children. My husband just told me he cheated on me, we have been going through hell the last 3 months, the emotional rollercoaster, the lies, the hurt, the uncertainty. I want to get over it, I want the hurt and pain to stop.I now feel like I’m not enough our good enough for him or any one.he says he hadn’t talked with her but I found out that he had been nd now I don’t know what to do.I feel like I am in a whirlwind of endless mess.my father is a pastor nd I do pay nd we pray together just need to know how to get over this hurt nd being lied to…lord this hurts so much just writing it please pray that my marriage makes it because I truly dowant it, but I want god even more nd his truth nd peace for me

• 159
      Tami Burke says:

I am so very sorry for the hurt you are going through. My son was just 3 yrs old when I went through the same thing. I would highly recommend Cindy Beall’s book. I couldn’t put it down. It is called Healing Your Marriage When Trust is Broken. Cindy and her husband Chris made it through those dark days you are now experiencing. They pastor our church and are so very faithful to the Lord and eachother. The Lord is able to heal. It will take time. May He bless you with His amazing peace and strength.

• 160
      Michelle says:

Sorry your going through all this. Will pray for you.

What forgiveness is not – Forgiveness doesn’t mean you approved of what someone else did, you don’t pretend that it never happen, you don’t make excuses for them, you don’t justify evil so somehow sin looks less sinful, you certainly don’t overlook abuse, you don’t deny that someone has hurt you, you don’t let other people walk all over you, forgiveness is not refusing to press charges when a crime has been committed, forgiveness is not forgetting that the wrong was done, forgiveness is not pretending that you were not hurt, it’s not thinking that the relationship must be restored, yes, forgiveness proceeds restoration but not every friendship that’s been busted up That friend may not want to work on it. But there still can be forgiveness.

Forgiveness is not a feeling. It’s a choice. God never said forgive them if you feel like it. It’s not about your feelings its about a decision that you make in your heart. Sometimes people say he or she does not deserve forgiveness’. Of course not, because forgiveness is not earned it’s all about grace and mercy.

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

jacline carter says:

As the PCAD song says, listen to the voice of truth.

Lysa, I have been praying for you and for a complete healing! You are such an inspiration to so many women and I always love your posts because you speak to me every time. Today’s post especially spoke to me. I have an eye disease where my optic nerves are deteriorating and I just found out from my eye doctor that i cant see well enough to pass the vision test to get my driver’s license renewed when it expires in September. What Shaunti told you really stroke a cord with me. What the doctor told me is news, it is not truth. I am praying for a miracle for us both! I know that whatever the outcome is, God will reign!

Lysa, God has placed you on my heart. We serve an amazing God who does amazing things through our trials. Remember the Truth especially when the lie wants to creep in. I am praying that God will heal you and that He will be glorified.
    Gigi

Praying for you!!! Awesone comment!!!

No matter what happens with your physical hearing, nothing can take away that Voice you can still hear in your spirit. His is the most important voice of all and as long as you can still hear Him, you can do anything. Praying for your miracle.

I think I have only commented once before on your blog, but I just wanted to let you know that God has been constantly bringing you to mind for prayer. I am praying that you will be healed, and that no matter what happens, you will write and speak to bring honor and glory to God!

I just read your daily devotional from yesterday-Jesus Loves Those in Messy Marriages. Thank you. That was a blessing to me because I am in a difficult marriage, and although I’ve been a Christian for a long time & know the scriptures, sometimes I do find myself asking the Lord, “Don’t you see what I’m going through? I just can’t handle this anymore!” This reminded me that He does see & He does care. Please pray for me in my marriage.

I hope this comment isn’t duplicated, as I tried to leave one earlier, but can’t see it………..anyway, I just read yesterday’s daily devotion-Jesus Loves Those in Messy Marriages. That was a blessing to me, reminding me that Jesus does see the difficulties/heart aches I’m having in my marriage, He does care, and He does listen when I pray. Please pray for my marriage & my family.

Please pray for me as I hea from an injury to my knee and I am also have problem with both of my feet where there is so much pain it is hard to walk and do anything. My daughter is being married in 3 weeks and I want to be able to enjoy this time with her and her special day. I spend a lot of time trying to do what I can to lessen the pain and it does not seem to be helping.

Catherine Vlasto says:

Hi Lysa,
    My Moms’ group has studied three of your books. We look forward to seeing you at the event on May 4th, we are taking a little field trip from NW CT to NY to see you, we are super excited! I was so sorry to hear about your news regarding your hearing loss. I agree that news is not truth. Our family uses Young Living essential oils for all our health needs, colds, runny noses, pains, aches, etc. I looked up hearing loss to see if there are any oils that can be of help for you. The answer is YES! I read several stories of people regaining their hearing after they were told they would not by using Lavender and Helichrysum. No guarantees that this will be the case for you but if you have nothing to lose, I felt you needed to at least know about it. Feel free to email me: cvlasto@hotmail.com for more information or even call me: 860-491-3588. The company is headed by a Christian couple and their mission is to bring pure essential oils to people to bring back health. In any case, I just wanted to reach out and let you know you are in our prayers and we hope that something changes for you.. God is indeed powerful and we seek HIM for HIS will in our lives, I know you do, too.
    Blessings to you,
    Catherine

You are such an inspiration to me and so many other women. You have such a gift to let us know we are not alone on this journey of motherhood and marriage but we are among sisters, for that I am forever grateful. I want you to know I will be praying for you and your family during this trying time. I pray for God to provide relief and comfort from this hearing problem. Stay strong you are not alone!

Dear Lysa, I hope that you get this, I was talking to my sister-in-law about your situation she said that she has a friend that has what sounds like the same ear problem,. She tried Acupuncture, and it woked! She is totally cured! I thought that I would just pass this on to you, I am praying for you, for your healing………….one way or another!, God is our great Healer!!!
    I love your Ministry and have been blessed beyond words by your book, “Made To Crave” Thank You!

Conni

Lysa, I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through. I have thought of you multiple times throughout the day. Praying for you each and every time God lays you on my heart.

That was one powerful statement, that I needed to hear. Thank you Lysa. You know my struggle the last 6 years, and I think my last blog post rather summed up where I am at.

“This is news. This is not truth”.

I need to figure out how to live that right now.

But, you have given me one thing to focus on. Thank you.

Lysa

I just want to join in with all the other Jesus girls to let you know I am praying for divine healing of your ear. When I met you last Friday in TN at the women of joy , I was filled with compassion for your situation . Like we discussed I have had the ringing in the ear constantly since March and believe me I understand it does make you want to scream at times. So hard sometimes to understand conversations . But I have resolved that at night when it screams the loudest and the enemy wants to bring me down and say I am going to have this from now on, I have started to say ok God You promised that You will never leave us or forsake us, then God I am going to try to use this annoying squeal as my reminder You still with me and with You I can endure this .
    So Lysa just know as you let your light shine in all this many lives are being touched by your testimony. I pray for endurance and peace to be up on you as you read this.
    I have been and will continue to pray for you daily . May the joy of the Lord give you strength !

I just had to share- our women’s min leaded emailed me letting me to know that she had stumbled onto your blog and read that you were having issues with your hearing. I read the email on my way out the door heading to a women’s event. In the whirlwind of getting ready to leave 4 kiddos w/ Dad for the night I wasn’t able to respond to her email or visit your blog. During worship that same evening (and this has never happened to me before)…while Kari Jobe was on stage singing “Healer” both of my ears began to hurt. So badly that I put my hands over them, then I remembered the email. I began to pray for you and continued to do so throughout worship. By the end of the set I realized my ears had stopped hurting at the end of “Healer”. I really feel like God was prompting me to pray for you. I will continue to lift you up! Just had to share this. Want you to know our women’s ministry team at StoneWater Church is praying for you!

Just wanted to let you know that I’ve been especially touched by what you’ve shared and the *truth* you’ve shared today is no different. I’m lifting you in prayer. Blessings…

• 178
      A Husband hurting says:

Lysa and all Proverbs 31 family. I ask for prayer for my marriage and my family. After 15 years of marriage my wife says she wants out. Marriage is something that must be worked on and yes both parties must be willing to work on the marriage with God. After my wife’s Dad passed away in February, we went home for the funeral in NC and she wanted to stay with her mom a while to comfort her; since she homeschools our (3) children; I agreed. On Apr 1st, she stated life is to short and does not want to work on our marriage… there has been faults on both sides. But since she mentioned this I’ve prayed, repented of my faults, sought God’s word, told her I was sorry for the ways I have hurt her. I told her through letters, conversation and text that our marriage and my love for her wanted to reconcile.
      Please pray for a hurting believer.

KAY PARRISH says:

I HAVE A BLESSED FRIEND THAT HAS SUFFERED THE THE SAME THINGS FOR 5 YEARS . SHE SENDS YOU PRAYER AND LOVE AND AS WE BOTH DO. SHE WILL CONTACT YOU HER NAME IS LEONA STRICKLAND. BY JESUS STRIPES YOU ARE HEALED. AND YOUR FRIEND IS RIGHT NEWS IS NOT TRUTH. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS KAY

Linda Hagen says:

Lysa – I’ve been praying for you…you have such a wonderful way of looking at things and you have been such an inspiration to me. I felt so bad when I heard of your health situation. No matter what you’re hearing physically, you will always be able to hear God. Take care – I’ll keep praying for you!

Lysa, I totally understand what you are going though at this time. I have had this loud ringing, buzzing in my ears for over 5 years, due to an unknown nerve damage, however I am greatful that it has not resulted in any hearing damage (at least not yet). Our faithful God has given me the grace to cope, and yet there are times I ask the Father to “tune the noise down a level”. I’ve tried almost all the theories out there that advertise “they will stop the ringing”, however that has not happened. The only product my ear specialist recommends is “Lipo-Flavonoid”, an ear vitamin. I was encouraged when a massage thearpist told me “there are the heavenly sopronos singing just to you”. When the noise level gets so loud it’s distracting, I just really put my mind in a different place. I keep the CD player by my bed and most nights just hit the button to play soft relaxing music. It works and when I am woke up during the night, I hit the “play button again. I pray for you dear sister in Jesus and trust God’s healing for you. Be blessed, OUR GOD is Faithful, no matter what the circumstance. In Jesus Name…..We Press On…..

Good morning sweet precious sisters!!! I pray that each of you is having an amazing Saturday. I just finished a “scary” blog – one I have been procrastinating on because it’s embarrassing, and I was SCARED to put it all out there because then I have to live up to what I say and live. Thank you Micca for allowing me to overcome that fear and to get on with the last phase of a very huge life long journey. I have built a FAITH stronger than my FEAR. I finally get it after 9 chapters. Fear is everywhere in our lives, it can be from the very smallest things to the most gigantic things…it’s everywhere and it surrounds us. However, through Micca I have realized that we have to have FAITH constantly – continuously, we have to ask for this beautiful gift from our Heavenly Father – we have to work on building this faith in all we do. It doesn’t come naturally, I’m afraid, because we are human. But by working at it we can grow at using it in every situation to overcome the tiniest obstacle or the biggest! Today, I posted this blog as we start (and end ) the last week of our study – as a tribute to what I learned and what I will take with me as I face the demons this obstacle brings forth in my life and has since I was a child. It’s a tribute to not only Micca but to Lysa TerKeurst as well. Our MTC Study before AUH was amazing as is Lysa’s book (Made to Crave). It’s amazing how God blesses our lives with just the right people, books, and everything we need for our every day lives as well as our spiritual growth with Him. I like to call how all this fits together GOD’S AMAZING GRACE! What else can it be? Thank you ladies for being a part of my life and for opening your hearts to me and to this study. I love each one of you more than you will ever know and am so thankful for every blessing God has given me as a result of this study. When you have a minute, check out my blog because I need you guys to walk with me on this journey going forward!

Vickie Buttram says:

Please pray for my 31 year old daughter and her family. My daughter has a seizure disorder and just got out of the hospital after having 4 or 5 in one day. She was told there is nothing more they can do to help her. Her doc will not try any new meds to see if they might help her. She has a10 year old boy and we all know he needs her.
    Thank You so much for your daily blog they are awesome and make my day. My big sister got me hooked by sending some of them to me. My prayers are with you and your family. Thank you again

Dear sister in Christ, today I discovered your blog and started my “day 1” of your Made To Crave Devotional.
    I’m writing for several reasons. First, to say Thank You to God for the gift He has given you to write and inspire others to find His Spirit and Truth. And, to say thank you, Lysa for being an open, transparent and vulnerable voice for Him. Your courage and service is a blessing to many. You go girl!
    Second, I wanted you to know that I’m praying for your health battle, your ministry and for you personally — along with your many supporters. You are loved by many in Christ.
    Third, I have a member of my team at InterVarsity suffering from the same problem. His name is Roland and I’ve suggest that he read your posts as encouragement to him in his battle. Roland I were just talking this week about his desire to create a web-space for other sufferers to share their “data” about the issues and things they are trying to help (like diet, herbal meds, doctor test results, prayer, etc.); His gift is research and analytics and he is hoping to use these gifts to inspire new medical research for solutions. Thought you should know and maybe pray for him or connect or something.
    Fourth, I’m reading your book and wanting you to know that it is helping – and that there is a “but” for me. Forgive me, but it feels odd not to say thing – as you could connect with so many more that need your words and more importantly God’s truth. But, as a Godly brother I’m feeling odd when your personal notes to readers say things like “I want to lead Jesus girls on a journey that will help them find a stick-to-itiveness…” Ok, I’m reading your book and trying to be inspired by God’s Holy Spirit to work on my weight battle, but I’m finding it hard to be one of your “Jesus girls”. I’m a Jesus boy. So, maybe you could consider your brothers in Christ in a few of your notes. Saying things like “I want to lead my Jesus sisters and brothers…”; Just my two cents. Even if you don’t say anything different, I’ll continue to read.
    May God’s love bless you and help heal you and lift you up on this journey.
    Remember always: “It is God who enables us, along with you, to stand firm for Christ. He has commissioned us, and he has identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything he has promised us.”
    (2 Corinthians 1:21-22)
    Blessings,
    Dennis

Lysa ~
    My church has a ministry ‘prayers and squares’ where they make lap quilts. These quilts are prayed over not only by the hands making the quilt but by the entire congregation in all services. With each prayer, a knot is tied in the strings of the quilt.
    I LOVE THIS MINISTRY and Many, Many prayers have been answered. If you would like a quilt I would be honored to send you one. All I need to know is your prayer requests and favorite color or pattern. There is nothing like being covered in prayer both spiritually and physically. Praying for your Complete healing Jesus Girl!

Pam Stewart says:

Lysa, Please pray for me!! I KNOW a lot about what you are dealing with as I have an impossible medical situation and have been dealing w/constant, chronic, pain for 11+ years. There hasn’t been one moment in 11 years that I haven’t hurt and bad!! Thought I would lose my mind at first too. Have come to terms w/the fact that this is the way it is but I struggle A LOT w/the “why” God doesn’t seem to answer my prayers, begging and pleading for relief!! I KNOW He can do it and all things are possible w/Him but I don’t understand the WHY?????????????

Went thru the whole “I’m not being good enough, this is punishment, He will if only I could be ____________. Have since realized that all of that is from Satan!! That realization has given me a lot of peace. :)

Thanks for your prayers. I am praying for you…………………………………………..w/out ceasing!!!

I wish you peace!!!!

Oh. My. Goodness. Haven’t been over to your blog in a few days, so I hadn’t heard about your ears. I am so sorry. I have been going through the same thing lately, and it is so frustrating isn’t it? Gah. When I first heard the ringing, all I could think was, “I’m only 35. How am I going to deal with ringing in my ears every day for the rest of my life? And the hearing loss, too?” It felt claustrophobic to me, somehow. I think because I just couldn’t escape it. After a few weeks, I realized that I was going to have to shift my focus – much like what you’ve talked about – and keep it all in perspective. I’m choosing to be thankful that, for today, I can hear my boys (2.5 and 11 months) when they talk to me. And try so hard not to take it for granted. I wasn’t prepared when the doctor told me that I would be wearing a hearing aid one day and wearing it at an earlier age than most people. But I am thankful there’s a solution down the road when the time comes – if the Lord chooses not to heal this for me. I’ll be thinking of you and praying for you.

Lysa, I heard your story at the EWomen Conference in Birmingham, AL today. I have constant ringing in both of my ears that I’ve been told is permanent nerve damage most likely caused by a couple of concussions. You don’t realize just how wonderful silence is until you don’t have it anymore. I pray for healing but if that isn’t God’s plan then I’ll just trust Him. I know what you are going through and you are in my prayers!

Teresa T says:

Praying for you and wondering how the Lord plans to use this situation. You mean a great deal to many, even those who have never met you face to face.

Please for me and my husband. A house in order has the husband as the spiritual head. My husband is very much a PARTICIPANT in the spiritual matters of our household but not the spiritual leader. I’m praying for him to approach the spiritual matters of our household with the same fervor he does with our finances or a broken down car or a lawn that needs care. As it is, I’m the one saying “let’s pray about this” or ” I’m trusting God on this”. I feel like I’m fighting the spiritual battle for my family without him. I want him fighting with me- not just a husband who goes to church with his wife.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your ears. I don’t know what you have tried, doctors, foods, etc to try to cure it. I wanted to recommend going gluten free. There are many health issue that gluten is the cause of that maybe, it could help you. I have a few coworkers who have had to go gluten free. One was joint pain, inflammation, and another was stomach/digestion. Please let me know if you try it and if you see any relief. I will be praying for you.

I have been offline all week and am just reading all my blogs. I haven’t gotten to the one where you tell of your hearing issue so I will go find it but I will pray for you. I love that line, This is news not truth, very powerful. Thank you again for taking 5 simple words from the English language and empowering your Jesus girls with His promise!

In recent weeks, my husband has declared he will be divorcing me. It pains me because this is not what I want. Please pray for us. I don’t know how to right what he believes is wrong. I desperately need Gods guidance in finding forgiveness in my heart.
    I read your article on messy marriages and find it so hard to believe how easy it can be when my husband is not close to God if he is not suffering thru life at that moment in time. How will I ever get my husband to also lean on God to help our marriage?

Charmaine Hunter says:

Hello Lysa,
    I hope these words as hesistant as they seem encourage you a bit. I was not a praying Christian until due to a nasty bout of meningitis I became deaf and lost all of my balance. I am convinced that it was through prayers on my behalf that God decided to give me another purpose, another chance, even though being deaf has its challenges. I now “hear” with the help of a cochlear implant but only just. I am also plagued with this infernal noise that competes with the little bit that I do hear so I totally understand your frustration. I am now of the opinion that if it is important God will make sure I hear it.
    I am also totally convinced of the power of prayer–without it I would not be here. My prayers are with you.

kimberly mason says:

lysa,
    saw you for the first time at extraordinary women this weekend in bham. just wanted you to know i’m praying for complete restoration for your ear! God made it right the first time – He can do it again! Bless you! ps won’t forget your story about getting irritated with your daughter all the while your pastor was listening! and then his text! hilarious! you really are keeping it real! :) God bless you! Love in Christ, Kimberly

I’ve been married for almost 39 years. My husband has been lying alot over the past few years and it is getting worse instead of better. He retired 6 years ago, but got a part time job locally. He was fired from that job for theft last year. He was arrested. And he lied to me about all that too. He has totally devastated our checking account and our credit rating in the process. I was blown away and can’t believe he is doing this to me over and over again with all his lies and deceit. I can’t trust him with anything anymore and it was basically ruined our marriage. I want to divorce him but I don’t have any money at all. The money I had in my saving account through work was taken to pay bills he wasn’t paying and for an attorney and court costs. I even took a part-time job besides my full-time job to help pay for things. Through all this, his treatment of me has been nothing but awful, disrespectful, and now he lies about everything – even stupid, nonsensical things. It makes me wonder if he hasn’t had some kind of medical issue, but he refuses to go to the DR to find out. We are Christian people but this is beyond all. I have failed God’s tests, to be sure. I am at my wit’s end and feel desolate.

Please pray for my husband and I. We are in different places spiritually and I am having a hard time loving anything about him. Your blog about finding that one thing meant a lot. My prayer is that God will work in my life to be the wife He meant for me to be and that he would lead my husband to be the godly leader of our house.

My good friend and I lead three Bible studies each week ( we each lead one in our own church and then lead one together in a home group) and all three have finished “Becoming More than Just a Good Bible Study Girl” and are now beginning “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God”. Know that we are all praying for you! You mean so very much to so many and your teaching and example have had a profound impact on so many of us. What a privilege it is to pray for you. Even now you are leading by example by being transparent, honest and asking for prayer from your sisters. Because of your obedience, He will be glorified through this difficult experience.

Stand on the verse your “Bible friend” gave you long ago –the one that gripped your heart and did not return void. Jeremiah 29:11. He has a plan to prosper you and not to harm you–plans to give you a HOPE and a future.

Much love,
    Laura

I had the pleasure of meeting you this past weekend at the EWomen’s Conference in Birmingham, Al. I just wanted to tell you that you truly are amazing and touched my heart in so many ways, for I could relate to a lot of things you had gone through in life. I “craved” love much like you when I was 20 and found myself pregnant. I let the man that I thought I was in love with talk me into an abortion. That was the worst mistake I had ever made. I have just recently told my husband & mother, my husband has known for years, but has never actually heard me say it. This is something that I have had the hardest time living with the last 15 years and although my mother says that I do deserve forgiveness, I have a hard time forgiving myself and letting it go. I know that it sounds crazy, but I feel that I should have to carry this burden and not be forgiven for the rest of my life. I knew better and even though I am usually a strong willed person, I let a man talk me into something I knew was wrong. While I know that this is not something that a person gets over, I cannot imagine where to begin to even try to forgive myself. I know that this hurt and regret that I carry with me everyday affects my life and my family’s but I am not sure how to move on.
    I was unable to purchase your made to crave book because it was sold out but I do plan on purchasing it. I have read the freebie of the first few chapters of unglued and will definitely be ordering that book as well, because I can completely relate to it. I just wanted to tell you that you are an inspiration and it is comforting to know that I am not the only woman/mom who craves what I should be seeking in God but goes to other things to fill that craving/need. I can totally relate to the “bathroom towel” incident as well. For the longest time I have felt alone….like a failure because I do lose it sometimes. My mother told me all weekend that she felt that God was telling her to go to the conference and even though she may not know why, I think I do. He wanted me to see your testimony as well as several others because my biggest issue isn’t that I don’t have faith or believe~trust God enough to ask him for help, but I feel that I should be able to handle any issue myself because there are so many others that need him more and a more deserving of his help than me.

Enough of the rambling!! =}
    I just really wanted to tell you that you really touched my heart and made me realize that I can ask God for help even if I feel that I do not deserve his help…..
    I will be praying for you as you heal!
    Much <3

I am asking for prayer for my marriage with Norman. We have been through so much obosition. I feel in my heart this is the man God told me to marry. All I know is I can barely breathe and I dont have any more energy left. Something aweful happened yesterday and I left. I do not know what God wants me to do anymore, I only know I want to be in his will. I am so angry right now and feel like no matter what I do, it is never enough.
    Jenese

Laura Aili says:

Hi Lysa, I was listening to KLOVE on Saturday and heard you talking about a prayer to pray before daily bible study. I thought it would be in your blog for the 28th of April but that is not up yet. Can you please send me the prayer? Thank you and God Bless you.

Lysa, I will continue to pray for healing of hearing. All things are possible through Christ Jesus! Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!!
    Would you please include a prayer for my desire to have children? This month is our last attempt to conceive naturally and then we will turn to adoption. Please pray for strength to endure this trying time and wisdom to follow the path that God leads me to.
    Yours in Christ!
    Julie

Teresa Moore says:

Please pray for my daughters marriage they have been married this june . He has been married 2 x and this is her 1st. He is 41 and she is 35 he acts like she is a child . He doen’t think she should have any say so in any part of the marriage He wants to dole out the money to her like a child. He needs God to show him how to treat his spouse he came from an abusive home his Mom and step dad were never married so he has had no examples of what marriage intells. He loves her and she loves him .Thanks in advance for your prayers. God bless you !!!!!!!

Gisselle says:

Hello Lysa, this is my first comment on your blog, seeing as my cousin strongly encouraged me to check out your website. And I am happy I did. I’ve been going through the toughest chapter in my life. I am 25 and have been married for almost 4 years. My husband recently found out I cheated on him twice. The first time I got caught I was sorry because he found out. And now this second and last time, I am sorry because I hurt my husband whom I never learned to unconditionally love and appreciate, until now. My cousin has reintroduced me to the teachings of God and how good He is to us all. While married, I lost touch with God. I found “happiness” going down the wrong paths. Now, my husband is going to file for divorce this month and I realize how much I want to save this marriage because I know God is saving me and renewing me. I never want cause pain and hurt again. Now that God is back in my life for good, He will be there every step of the way. Please pray for this marriage to find its way closer to God and be stronger than ever. Thank you, Lysa.

Will continue to pray for you.
    I lost my mother at the end of last week and my heart is heavy with sorrow and the loss is great. But I know she is with Jesus in Heaven and that does provide some comfort to my heart.
    Catching up on your blog has lifted my spirits as well.
    Thank you for all the support you provide me even though you dont even know that you do. God is good.

Margaret Davis says:

Lisa – Please pray for God to open doors for me to attend the She Speaks Conference in July – I feel God leading me into ministry and I’m a single mom with a traumatic past. I think God wants to use it!!

Blessings and praying for you,
    Margaret

Hi Lysa. We met years ago at Indian Rocks Baptist Church. I have followed you since then. What a blessing you are to so many. I am so saddened to hear of the medical issues you are going through and will lift you up in prayer to our Father. I know that He will SO use this for His glory – He is full of love for you and knows how you can best glorify Him. I am asking for prayer for my husband who is suffering from cirrhosis. Heused to be an alcoholic until the Lord broke that chain Satan had placed on him. He has been saved by God’s very hand and loves Jesus. He is only 59 and he is in great pain for 10 years. The Lord spoke out loud to me those 10 years ago anf told me specifically that “he is going to be alright”. I was stunned to hear the Lord like that, but He has been true to His promise. I am asking for prayer through this and a deeper faith that God will exrend that promise for me another 10 years. I so covet your prayers Lysa, as you are such woman of God! Thank you and I will be praying.

Melinda says:

Hi,..I pray that you are found well,and in always in Christ. And that for the many who have left messages,whether in hardships or joy,will have recieved peace where there was turmoil. I too,suffered a failed marriage,and the loss of the one I was married to. I forgave him,and the one the affair happened with,..whom was my sister,who also passed away. My life has not been an easy one;yet I still see the good that’s in the hearts of those who love the Lord,but live vicariously. I am not perfect,I just claim my inheritance in such a bold manner,that when offended,I know where my strength lies. All the hurts,the

pain,and irritations of life,cannot compare to the joy of being in Christ. The knowing that he is the great “I Am” lets me know I”m possible

Trackbacks