Hi Friends, if you're looking for the final The Best Yes webcast replay, click here.

Monday, April 23

Pray for Me?

This morning I burned the kids’ toast. Never one to be defeated by a situation, I stood over the kitchen sink and scraped off the burnt places. I smiled at being able to salvage the situation.

Taking burnt toast and making something good from it is pretty much a theme in my life.

I like seeing the bright spot.

I like intentionally looking for the good in all situations.

I like being positive.

But there is a time to set down all the positivity and just simply ask your girlfriends for prayer.

A week ago Friday I had to have emergency surgery on my ears. And while the pain is gone, there’s a really loud constant ringing in my left ear that hasn’t stopped. It’s now been two weeks with this awful ringing and while I’m trying to be brave, I’m feeling super weary.

And I’m having a hard time hearing. A really hard time.

When the doctor tested my hearing last week it wasn’t good.

Please pray for me. I really need the Lord to miraculously touch my ears.

And please pray for me to be able to concentrate.

When I’m supposed to hear something, I just want to hear it. And when there is supposed to be silence, I just want there to be no ringing.

These things are such gifts I have taken for granted.

God forgive me for taking so much for granted.

Thank you sweet friends. I really appreciate your whispers to God on my behalf. I need them. And I will certainly be praying for you today as well.

God treasures the prayers of His girls. Psalm 141: 2 (Message) says, “Treat my prayer as sweet incense rising; my raised hands are my evening prayers.”

Oh that we might fill the heavens with the sweet aroma of our prayers today. Which is a whole lot better smelling than burnt toast.

CJ Werries says:

I have been praying for you….perhaps the word permanent will be a way to show God’s power in healing. I truly hope and pray that you will be healed….and soon. I guess we hold onto the promises God gives us in his word. God is faithful!

Hi Lysa,
    Is it tinnitus or something else? I know something of the loud ringing. I’ve had it in both ears for 3 years. It changes volumes and has caused severe hearing lost (sounds like not quite as bad as yours). So to you I offer prayers and the support of someone who knows how ringing in your ears can make you feel crazy, even panicky and how dreadful it is ask the kids for the tenth time that week not to talk to me while the faucet is running.

Dear, dear Lysa

Be assured of my prayers combining with all the others that have responded before me.
    I can certainly relate as I am presently dealing with vertigo. I hope you have relief very soon.

Marcia

Lysa, I have suffered with bleeding in my retinas for 7 years now. My eyesight is not “normal” by any means, and some days it’s very, very frustrating. But I thank God for what I am able to do and the eyesight I have. I can drive and go about my life, but I have had to learn to compensate, and there are times I just yell at God to restore my sight to clear, unfuzzy vision. God will give you strength to deal with this affliction, just as he did to Paul in the Bible and He does daily to me. It’s our thorn, and although He could heal us in an instant, that instant is His instant, not mine….and for an impatient Jesus Girl, that’s a lesson in and of itself. I am praying for you; you have touched me in so many ways with your teachings and I know this challenge will allow you to reach even more women in more ways. God bless you, my dear friend.

Thanks for letting us know your needs so that we can specifically pray for you. ;-)

Lysa, I am praying for, believing and expecting God to completely heal and restore your hearing! I have been reminded several times this week and and last that “God Has This”!! Three simple words but with a powerful punch!! God has it all under control!! Love and Blessings~
    Robin Cloine

Dear Lysa,

I’ll be praying for you. Your post on April 23rd – although describing different circumstances than mine – parallels many things in my life right now. I, too, like being positive and I don’t like asking for help. I like to be the helper, but I’m at a point in my life where I’m learning to say that things aren’t okay, but I know God is in control. My prayer for you – and for all others who find themselves feeling weary – is that we’re reminded of God’s promise to give us rest.

Blessings and prayers to you,
    Michelle

• 261

My feeling exactly Michelle, I couldn’t have said it better. I will be praying for you Lysa and praying that God will restore your hearing back to normal and that the ringing will stop! I pray for healing everyday for myself and as I pray for myself I will be holding you up in prayer too. You have given me so much encouragement and I will count it a privledge to hold your healing up to God, the one and true healer.

Praying for Your full Restoration!!! I Love it,when GOD takes a medical report and makes HIS own diagnosis…..Healed!!! Be Blessed & Healed In The Name Of Jesus! Amen!!!

Sherrill says:

Dear Lysa,
    Just wanted you to know, I too, am praying for you. We serve a God who is not only a healer, but also knows the number of hairs on our head. That lets me know, he has you in mind, knows and feels, what you feel. I pray that he will strengthen and comfort you, as you wait on him. God bless you. Sherrill

Stephanie says:

I am praying for you and your family.

Dear Lysa,

I will be lifiting you up in prayer today and tomorrow when your church leaders pray for your. I know what it is like to have problems with your ears. I have continual problems with vertigo and ringing in my error and feeling dizzy. It comes and goes. So I will be adding you to my prayers list that I pray for everyday. God Bless You and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Dear Lysa,

My heart breaks for you. Pain changes us but God sustains us. I am praying for strength and healing for you. God bless you and your family as you find ways to cope with this scary time.

My dear Lysa,

I am praying for you. Just a simple prayer – “Lord, please heal Lysa. You are the God of healing, but You are also the God of ALL comfort, so I am asking you to comfort Lysa in this time of waiting for Your healing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Love you, Lysa! You have been and continue to be such an encouragement to me in a myriad of ways. Rest in Him.

Linda

I am praying for you. I want you to know that you are such a blessing to me. Even though you are suffering and going through this trial, the words you type are still an inspriration and encouraging to me. Thank you for being an honest and transparent sister in Christ. I look forward to reading what the Lord does for you, in you and through you. I am believing for your healing in Jesus Name!

Joyce Davis says:

I have the same problem with my ears. Mine was caused by Bells Palsy. Some five years ago I thought I was having a stroke. After being in the hospital for a day and many test, it was determined that I had Bells Palsy (never hear of it). The doctors said that it usually goes away in a few days to a month. The disfigure of my face isn’t too bad, but, the ringing in my head or ears and the loss of hearing is very frustrating. I know that God will heal me in his time and I will continue to pray. Now I will also pray for you as I know what you are experiencing. Let’s pray that God will heal both of us so we can be a ministry to other women as to God’s grace and power.

Dear Sweet Lysa, I met you at the Girl’s Night out in Houston a while back. It was such a thrill to meet you and tell you how much your books have meant to me and my Sunday School class. Just wanted you to know that I am praying hard for God to reveal Himself as the great Physician and Healer in you. I know that tinnitus is frustrating and such a nuisance. I know there are lots of people who deal with it daily, God bless all of you. I also know that there are things you can do to alleviate some of the ringing with the use of “white noise” devices that you can wear in your ear sort of like a hearing aid. I’ll bet you are under the care of a good ENT and audiologist who can help you with this. If God leads us to it He CAN lead us through it and I pray that he will do just that. Many blessings for healing sweet sister. In Christ’s love, Cheryl

Several years ago I got a cold. While I had that cold, I got on an airplane to go visit a friend. I was on antibiotics, decongestants, steroids, etc. But my ears plugged up on the plane, as they often do. Weeks passed and the cold got better but my ears did not. I finally went three months after the trip to an ENT who told me that it had been an emergency medical condition and that I know have suffered hearing loss as a result of Sudden Sensory-Neuro Hearing Disorder. I had a cold and no idea that it was a medical emergency. The hearing loss is permanent, about 30% in one ear and 10% in another. Most of the time I can hear people one on one but in a large room with lots of voices, it’s really hard to hear. “What?” is my catch phrase now. :) Still, as the Women’s Ministry Director at my church, I can’t help but think that sometimes, it’s better to not hear everything the people say. Plus, it’s a good opportunity to ‘listen’ for God’s voice. I am sorry for the ringing in your ears. That must be beyond annoying. I would tell you something flowery like, “God can still use you….” but I’d rather tell you what my teenage daughter tells me works the best. And that is, “That just sucks. I’m sorry.” (Also sorry for the use of that word! haha!)

I do pray that God will heal you but if he doesn’t, I pray he will heal you in another way. :) Praying for you.

Oh sweet sister, I will be praying for you and for God’s will. May our Father in heaven heal you and keep you safe. Lord we do not understand your purpose sometimes, but we rest in the assurance of Your truth. Please Father, give Lysa some comfort in this situation. She had always said YES to You and we know she will continue to say YES. Thank you Lord, for Your love, mercy, and salvation, In Jesus name I prayed, AMEN!!!!! We love you Lysa and will be praying for you….

Please pray for my husband and I, we are having financial problems really bad ones. We are fighting all the time, we both need jobs. My husband has been in the hospital now for the last 7 days and had to have a defibulator but in for his heart yesterday. I know God has a plan for us and he will take care of us, I trust and believe he will. I did get a call yesterday from a temp agency saying they might have a part-time job for me, please pray that if it is God’s will I get that job. Thank you everyone for your prayers.

I am not sure this is where I am supposed to post prayer requests but the link led me here so here goes. I read the little encouragment on messy marriages and that is what I have been through for the past 4 years. Unfortunately it has come to a divorce. I still love my husband (don’t know why) but am at peace (most of the time:) with the circumstances of what I am going through. Why? Because these past 4 years have brought me into such an intimate relationship with Jesus! Wow I have never felt so loved, never seen his hand so much, how quickly he has spoken to me and provided for me; I just sit here and shake my head in wonderment. So what am I praying for? I pray for me to continue to look up for the touch of a husband or daddy, someone who would normally take care of my like am I taking my meds (I am on a lot of them!) in the correct manner, getting enough rest, eating right, encouraging me, etc. Pray that my husband finds Jesus and that the demons he is fighting are defeated. He continues to spend a lot of time in muslim countries and I feel that because the middle east is where the heaviest spiritual warfare is taking place that is where the strongest spirits of both sides are. I think that the unbelievers are easy prey for these spirits to claim and destroy. Pray that this divorce provides for me fairly as my husband was the provider and feels he doesn’t have to be anymore (at least not in the manner I am used to). I am 61 years old and can’t work two jobs to maintain my home or have the time to make up for the retirement style that we had planned for. The emotional issues are back and forth; I now have a great network of friends and mental health professionals that I can call on for support but mostly the Lord steps immediately in and somehow just meets me right there. So really I am worried about the material side of this divorce even through the Lord has met so much of everything else I shouldn’t be but…prayer never hurts:). But especially pray for my husband. Thanks

Pray with me for a 27 yr marriage to be restored, his heart has turn to cement, we both still love each other , but both off us are hard headed . He was not only my husband , lover but my one and only best friend and I know vis versa.
    My heart has and is shattered in a million pieces .
    I will continue to stand for my marriage
    Amen amen
    Fighting with the blood of Jesus

My husband and I have been separated for 6 months and I miss him so very much, I ask that you pray with me for restoration of my marriage. I have the faith and I know that God has the power to do all things. I believe it is so in Jesus Name.

Continuing to pray for you. Will join with voices of your church leaders today for a miracle. satan will not win this.

Please pray for my marriage!

Michelle Johnston says:

Hi Lysa,

I am currently going through a divorce . This whole situation I can honestly say has humbled me . But I am currently stugglig with anger and fear . My daughter goes to spend time with her Father and I am bothered by this becasue he is a man that uses drugs and alcohol . Because he has a medical marijuana card there is nothing that we can do to keep them apart . Am I wrong for wishing and wanting him to not be around her ? I know that I need to pray for him but I find it incredibly hard for me to do this . I am afraid that if she spends time with him she will do drugs as well. Due to the fact that when she was living with him she was arrested for having marijuana at school that she had taken from him .

please pray for my marriage need god to work a miracle for it I trust and believe that god will heal my marriage but need all the prayers for my marriage and myself and my husband and kids .need gods guidance and direction and that I will just stay in his will

My husband and I have been separated three months now, I am praying for restoration in my marriage. In Jesus Name Amen

E. Lozano says:

My daughter and her husband have a real problem marriage. He threatens her and has choked her and tried to suffocate her yet she will not leave him because she says she loves him. He can be really great at times and in public but is always belittling her and making her feel incompentent in private. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Oh how my heart goes out to those of you that are suffering with me! Broken marriages have to the worst experience a human can go through because it is the first thing God did after he created us!

I pray; Oh sweet Jesus, please PLEASE don’t let satan have victory over this precious relationship that you created for us. Heal our broken hearts, put the pieces of our marriages together so that they will glorify You bringing a beautiful light to the world. Lord, help us remember that these “scars will strengthen our wounds and soften our hearts” so that we can help the next ones that goes through this. In your precious Name we pray, Amen!

One little saying that I have held onto lately is: When you don’t understand why, when you don’t see His plan, when you can’t trace His hands; Trust His heart! Remember Jesus loves us; each and every one of us.

Leslie Cribbs says:

Please pray for God’s will in my life and marriage. After 6 year of marriage, taking my husband back after he cheated and going through what I thought was everything he says he no longer loves me like a wife. I take responsiblity for my part in this as I have not been the wife or friend that God wants me to be and I just pray that God will open my heart to be what he wants me to be, open my husband’s heart to forgive me and for us both to follow God’s will in our marriage and in our lives.

Wow. Let me encourage you, that Yes, God can heal and I pray he does. But if he does not your mind will learn to tune out that ringing. I have had ringing for years and most of the time I am totally unaware of it. Unless I read something like this, or someone mentions it, then I am totally aware of it. So Precious Daughter, be encouraged, God is going to take care of you, one way or another.
    May Abba bless you with His Shalom during this time. Thank you for being who you are and sharing with all of us.
    Joan

“My dear Lord Jesus, I come to you now to be restored in you—to renew my place in you, my allegiance to you, and to receive from you all the grace and mercy I so desperately need this day. I honor you as my sovereign Lord, and I surrender every aspect of my life totally and completely to you. I give you my body as a living sacrifice; I give you my heart, soul, mind, and strength; and I give you my spirit as well. I cover myself with your blood—my spirit, my soul, and my body. And I ask your Holy Spirit to restore my union with you, seal me in you…”

Have you heard of the Eldredge Prayer? It has been a blessing in my life, restoring me when I need it most. This is the beginning of the prayer. I, personally, am not a fan of rote prayers, but this one has been very refreshing for me. I pray it is for you as well.

I will continue to pray for complete hearing for you! Thank you for your posts! I appreciate you openness and honestly!

Your first post of this made me cry for you. I have had my ringing going on over 5 years now. I remember feeling so helpless reading that it’s permanent. That felt like they were saying, “Give up. Give in. No Hope.” BUT, I have hope. I can ask the Lord to help me adjust to this noise, adjust to my selfish desire for complete quiet when I want complete quite. He can and has helped me. Sure, I miss enjoying a quite prayer time in true quiet, but He who is much bigger than I has helped me push the noise to the background. He has stopped my tears over what I’ve lost and helped me focus on what I have. I have hope! I will see Jesus.

You are loved Lysa and you are in my prayers. I know our great big God is holding you close.

• 289

Amy, I’m walking in your shoes too. Praising God we both know and trust this awful noise in our head to Him. Lysa, prayers for you on this scary path. God is greater! Trust Him.

Gwen

Praying for you and with you! God is surely faithful! Standing on His promises with you!

Please pray for Stanley & I. We r the Fuqua’s thank u

Tina Smith says:

Smith marriage

Tina Smith says:

please pray 1 chase 1000 2 ten thousand

Cassandra says:

I ask that you all would please pray for restoration in my marriage. I have been married for 3yrs now & infidelity has played a major role in it along with communication break down, and trust issues. I struggle on a day to day basis asking the Lord to help me. I love my husband dearly & we have a beautiful family. The hurt at times has been unbearable. I really don’t approve of so many friends being the opposite sex. I feel loved but just not respected if that’s possible. I’m constantly in prayer for marriages for I feel they are under major attack, I wanna do all that is required of me before I consider writing it off! Please lift us up in prayer & I will continue as well. In Jesus name :-)

Please pray or my husband’s heart that he would really feel God’s love and that he would turn to God for healing and help.

Just finished praying for my sister Lysa. I prayed God, as the great physician, will show and guide you to the answer for healing, In the name of Christ our Savior

You have given me such encouragement and hope through your honesty and the vulnerability of your writing, and I want to give some back. You are in my prayers. I am believing the Lord for your healing in His time and His way. God bless you as you wait in His presence. Sally

Lysa — I’ve been behind in my blog reading, but I just saw your last few posts. I’ve lifted you up in prayer just now and will continue to lift you up in the days ahead. We tend to take our senses and our health for granted, until there’s a need for prayer. So I’m thanking God today for healthy ears and praying for Him to restore you fully.

willa eklund says:

I am praying for you Lysa. My daughter-in-law and I read your blog and have read “Made to Crave”. You are so inspiring to others – we will be praising God with you when your hearing is restored to normal.

willa eklund says:

I am praying for you, Lysa. My daughter-in-law and I read your blog and have read “Made to Crave”. You are such an inspiration to others – we will be praising God with you when your hearing is restored to normal.

Lysa

I’m writing to assure you that you remain in my daily prayers for a complete recovery. I just KNOW that I am not the only one on my knees in your behalf.
    I cannot begin to tell you how God has used you in my life with regard to “Made to Crave!” You have been so obedient (another wonderful witness) to allow God to use you to do His bidding. While I suppose that we may not understand many of His ways this side of heaven (or why He “allows” some things to happen)I agree with others who have expressed one abiding truth – He LOVES YOU and has some good reason for allowing this particular trial.
    Because of all you have done, are doing and will continue to do in His name, when I prayed for you the other night, I was literally moved to tears in pleading your need before our Father. I will continue to pray.

Lysa, I can so relate to your hearing/tinnutus issues. I have been 1/2 deaf from birth and it has only worsened over my 62 years. Now having gone through several hearing aids and now a coch. implant, i can only say as you did, how we do take for granted the God-given ability to hear naturally. There is nothing like natural hearing as opposed to digital, unnatural (though grateful for technology that i can have even that). So, knowing what you’re experiencing first hand, i will certainly pray that God will remove the noise and re-instate real hearing. BUT, should he choose differently, He will also show you a way to live that out, and it will still glorify Him in your ministry. God always knows best. Blessings to you and in Jesus, Donna

You are in my thoughts, and prayers. Asking God to touch you with total healing sweet sister.

You are one of my favorite people in the world. I pray for your situation often!!

I am EXCITED to host a “Just Say Yes” Experience in my home this summer for moms to study the word, play in the pool with the kids and potluck lunch it together, while we do your study. How is it people don’t know who you are yet?

When we meet in heaven I am certain you will say, “You were the best friend I always wanted…” I just live in fear that your ears are related to your root canal, because I am putting one off as I write… God will do this for you. Hang in.

Your surgery/injury parallels mine, although mine was a sinus surgery and now because of a “mistake” I have headaches (sometimes Migraines) EVERY DAY.
    I will be lifting your situation up before God, and pray that you would pray for me also.
    God bless you and your ministry…

Ruth Rayburn-Arasenault says:

Dear Lysa:
    In regard 2 your hearing problem: God is good all the time, He heals, read Ps 102: many verses ,go on to… 103; verse 3….especially many verses of hope….go on to chap 139 read it all excep verse 19-22 David is ranting here like us.!
    Your sister in Jesus..I am praying 2…..
    radiantrayburn@gmail.com,