Hi Friends, if you're looking for the final The Best Yes webcast replay, click here.

Thursday, March 15

What Every Mom Should Show Her Daughter

In my new book, Made to Crave for Young Women written with social researcher, Shaunti Feldhahn, we encourage moms and daughters to watch this video and talk about it together.

Seriously, it’s eye opening.

It just goes to show the illusive beauty benchmark the world dangles in front of women and girls is unrealistic at best and unattainable at worst. In short, beauty isn’t looking like the models. Even the models don’t look like the models. Beauty, true beauty, comes from within.

And that isn’t just some convenient Christian cliche. It’s truth.

That’s why I am so passionate about this new book, Made to Crave for Young Women.

Here’s a note a woman named Libbi just posted on Amazon. It made me tear up with thanksgiving that this book that was so challenging to write, is reaching people — young and old.

Every single person, man, woman, boy or girl, has a longing on the inside of us. The longing for something more.

We have longings to be loved, to feel happy, even if for a moment. Those longings, while natural, will destroy our lives if not handled correctly. We were made to fill those longings with God. Not chocolate chip cookies, or a handsome boyfriend, or those adorable shoes at the store.

In this fantastically written book, Shaunti Feldhahn and Lysa TerKeurst show that it is God’s plan for us to run to Him instead of to food, material possessions, or even other people. If we run to God, we can experience eternal happiness rather than short-lived enjoyment.

This book was exceedingly better than I could have hoped. This book was perfect for me at this time in my life. I have always seemed to have a problem with self control. This past week, however, I have been trying to walk in more self-control. This book could not have come at a more perfect time.

This book has helped me so much, I can’t even begin to tell you. Though hard to pick, I think one of my favorite quotes is this one, “The key, friends, is not to simply follow a rule- it’s to be wise about our choices so we rely on God rather than something we crave.”

Talk about a perfect quote! Using scripture throughout, this book easily makes the best non-fiction book I have read this year. Overall, I would one-hundred percent recommend this book. It is one of the few books that is COMPLETELY worth your money. I guarantee it.

Sincerely,
Libbi H.

Thank you Libbi for taking time to share with me these sweet words of encouragement. They are a treasure to my soul.

Today, I’m giving away 6 copies of Made to Crave for Young Women. Just leave me a comment below and I’ll announce the winners of this contest and the She Speaks scholarship contest on Monday.

Zakiya Simmons-Earl says:

God has shown me my vulnerabilities through the dissolution of my marriage and dream of family bliss for my kids. I never had the security of a “family” while growing up;therefore, it was crucial that I have it and be able to provide it as an adult. I almost lost myself in the process by accepting less than what (and who) God designed for me. God has shown me what love (Agape) is and that His love is all the validation I need. So as I continue to heal, I show my babies Agape love so they can see the Jesus in me and accept His healing. As my 7 year old said, “God is not good, He is AWESOME! And I would ask someone who doesn’t believe in God, do they like living because God allows them to have life.” Only Jesus can fill the void that is meant for Him. He healed us when He rose after bearing our infirmaties on the cross. Now when are we going to trust Him enough to rest in that assurance and let go of the brokenness? His grace is sufficient 2Cor12:8-10, Jer 29:10-13,

Jane Blair says:

Lysa thanks so much for your book your devotional your encouragement. I’m a 54 year old living in Northern Ireland. I have been so encouraged by you and your ministry. I’ve bought several copies of your book, devotional, the participants manual and DVD and hope that I may be able eventually to start up a MTC group in our Church. I have lost 46lbs and have about another 100 to lose. I can’t get the freebies cos the shipping costs would be too much and also I can’t ever do the conferences calls etc because of the time differences etc. I’m a childminder and on a tight budget. Please don’t be angry with me I wanted so much to keep my paperback copy of the devotional for underlining and referring back to. So I downloaded an audible copy to have on CD and have done three copies for friends I really want to encourage. But I wanted to confess it to you and be open and honest about it. I can’t believe how awesome God is and how for 53 years I have gone around the same mountain not realising I was made for so much more and also that Satan has been laughing his socks off, well NO MORE. Thank you God bless you richly. If you want me to pay for the 3 CDs I copied I will do so. Your sister in Christ, Jane Blair
    If ever you come to the UK please please let me know

ana claudia lopes says:

Hola!
    Paz!
    Bom como gostaria de ter pedaços dessa riqueza em minhas mãos. Já tens traduzido para o portugues?
    Lysa acompanho quando posso seus textos, principalmente no facebook.
    Espero um dia poder assistir alguma palestra, participar de algum encontro direcionado pra mulheres.
    Bjs
    Claudia

Christine S says:

Please pray that I will make a committment to read this book. When I first heard you speak on Klove about this book, God was speaking to my heart in that moment about the struggle I was having. I think I bought the book, but have continued to struggle with the pace of a busy life and have not allowed for this growth opportunity.

Sue DeMartini says:

Wow, I’m so excited to read about this! It seems that my daughters and I are constantly bombarded with unrealistic expectations of our bodies and appearances. I can hardly wait to read this book with my almost 18 year old and 14 year old girls. I’m so thankful that you’ve come out with this book and may God bless you hundred fold! I thought I might go straight to Amazon to order the book, but I’ll wait just in case I get a free copy :-)

morla-gail graham says:

My craving is just want to be finincially stable right now our home is in need of repair when rain fall my bed get wet rain blow in the porch it is flooded ,the room where the computer is get wet so my craving may be different but i just want to do more