You know what I find amazing? Perspective. It changes everything.
If you visit here regularly, you know I had some things stolen recently. Jewelry that wasn’t particularly expensive but when you add the sentimental value, they were priceless.
Well, I thought they were priceless. That is before I got a precious note of encouragement from my blog friend named Linda. Her story grabbed me.
She doesn’t have her jewelry anymore either. But her situation is a bit different. Her husband has stage 4 cancer. They needed money. She sold her jewelry.
And when I read that, something deep within me stirred.
One word came to my mind – blessed. I am so blessed. So abundantly, lavishly, amazingly blessed.
Perspective. It changes everything.
We try so hard to hold onto our stuff. We call it our treasure and expect to feel joy. But in God’s economy if we want to gain, we must give up. For joy won’t ever be found in collecting treasures. Joy radiates in our life only when we share treasures.
Might you have a minute or two to share a tiny bit of your treasure?
They have over 700 people living in their church-supported facility who need to know Christians care – Jesus girls care – I care – you care – we care.
The girls there rescued from sex trafficking, they need to know.
The homeless families, they need to know.
The young people recovering from drug addictions that look so much like my kids – your kids, they need to know.
The woman rescued from skid row and the ex-gang member, they need to know.
They need to know.
So, will you help me?
My idea is to have each of my blog friends write a note of encouragement to someone at the Dream Center and include three things…
* Your favorite Bible verse…
* A note from you encouraging them that Jesus hears their prayers…
* AND a gift card. This gift card will go such a long way in helping restore a precious soul’s dignity and ability to purchase some things for themselves. Here are some stores the Dream Center suggested for the gift cards:
- Glendale Galleria Mall gift card
- Vons or Ralph’s
- Movie theatres (AMC or Mann)
- Starbucks ($10 each to use as rewards for people in program)
- Any chain restaurants (Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, Islands, California Pizza Kitchen, etc)
Please send all notes to my friend who is supervising this program:
Dream Center Foundation
2301 Bellevue Av.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Ida will make sure your note and gift card get to the exact right person in need.
If you plan to send a note with a gift card, leave a comment below. I’ll personally donate $5 per comment left today to the Dream Center.
Ready to make a difference? Me too.