Type your email address here to sign up for
The Best Yes Webcast information list.

Monday, July 2

The Oprah Show

Many of you have contacted me asking how you can see the interview we did on the Oprah show.

Unfortunately, the links are no longer available. But you can click here to read about the show on the Oprah website.

My greatest hope from being on this show is that people can see how incredible it is to say yes to our amazing God. All I can say is get ready for amazing things to happen when you simply say yes!

Annette Sandoval says:

Hi Lysa I am new to your website. I just watched the Oprah video and what a wonderful blessing these boys are to you & your friends. God is awesome. I also pray Oprah will open her eyes to the one & only true God. I no longer watch Oprah since she began discussing the "Secret". A relative tried to get me to watch the DVD and I refused. Jesus Christ is the only way, truth & life and his gift is free and there's no secret about that. God Bless

Hi Lysa,
    As an adoptive mom, your story brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart! This is an incredible story of God moving and forming families through the great gift of adoption! Thank you for sharing on Oprah, which can be quite a controversial things for Christians to do! But, a great forum for millions to see God!!

bharris782 says:

I recently signed up to recieve the encouragement for today devotional which is truly a blessing and clicked on the link to the proverbs 31 site and watched the Oprah videos. I must say that it was very touching and it brought tears to my eyes because God is truly amazing and He works through many different people. May your families be blessed.

Linda Wall says:

Lysa, I have just in the last week discovered P31 and I have enjoyed the daily devotionals very much. However, yesterday I followed a link to your website and watched the Oprah Show videos. I had not known anything about these boys from Liberia or you and the other Charlotte families who have adopted them. I sat in tears, chills running all over my body, as I watched these videos, and was reminded what an Awesome God we serve. I went on a Mission Trip last August with 8 other Members of my Church, Philadelphia Baptist Chapel, in Greensboro, to do a small construction project for one of the Hope for the World – Albania orphanages in Shkoder, Albania. On the day we were to complete our project and leave to head for home, I met a 13 year old girl at the orphanage named Kristina, who has been in this orphange since she was 3 years old. Kristina asked if she could speak to me. Of course, I happily obliged, thinking she wanted to know about America, or North Carolina, or anything but what she really wanted to ask. She looked into my eyes and said to me through an interpreter, “Would you want to adopt me?” My eyes filled with tears and I felt as though my heart would burst. After I gained my composure, I said to her, “Kristina, I will pray and ask God what His will is.” She understood this, but as we drove away and I looked back at her with tears streaming down her face from those big brown sad eyes, I KNEW why God had sent me to Albania! From the airport, I called my husband and said, “Sweetie, I think I’m pregnant!” Well, I’m 59 years old and he knew there was no chance of that, but after I told him the story of Kristina, he and I agreed that this was, indeed, a Divine appointment for us. Like you, I didn’t go to Albania looking for any life-altering event…but God had other plans for my husband and me. His plan was for us to bring Kristina Eremishti to America and give her a home and the love of a mother and father and a family that includes our 2 grown children, 8 grand-children, and aunts, uncles and cousins too numerous to count! We have never waivered in our belief that this was His plan, and He has made the way for us to complete our Homestudy and have it approved, put together our entire Dossier, get the necessary approvals, and we leave for Albania in October to see Kristina and go to Court with her, and bring her home with us before the end of the year! Our God is an Awesome God! Thank you for your Ministry and thank God for what He has done and is doing through you and the other families there in Charlotte for these precious children from Liberia. Like you, I didn’t go to Albania looking for any life-altering event, but God in His Divine Providence, had other plans for my husband and me, and we are so excited and humbled to be His chosen vessels. Please pray for us and we will be praying for you. In His Service…Linda Wall – Greensboro, NC

Wow I was doing some research on you cause I am going to a Ladies Conference where you are the main speaker and I just love to be in the company of people who listen to God. I can’t wait to meet you in person. Tammy Sales, High Springs, Fl

Wow, I came upon your site because of a friend, but I came to this video because of the Lord!! I’ve always dreamed of adopting a girl to join our two boys, but since I needed to go back to work a few years ago, I assumed that God had said “no” to that prayer. I cried while watching these parents adopt older children, some later in their lives. It was like God was speaking to my heart that He hasn’t forgotten my prayers of the past. I have hope that one day I may be the mother of a precious girl. Who knows!! Thank you for sharing your story and for allowing God to use you in the lives of others.

Hi Lysa -

I loved the videos! My husband and I have also been blessed to have adopted two beautiful Liberian boys. While watching your story…if I wasn’t crying, I was smiling because I identified with everything that was being said. Liberia is not a country that you typically hear of when you hear about adoption so it is exciting to see other families like our family. Hearing Jackson speak with his wonderful Liberian accent that sounds just like our oldest son was so special. Thanks for sharing your story.
    Many Blessings.

Lisa,

I almost don’t have words! When one asks to be used of God, we are never sure how that will happen! I am inspired by your love for the boys and know that you and your husband have truly engaged in “Kingdom” work!

~Racquel~

A friend emailed me about this story, your story, because of the story in my own life.
    We are adopting 3 children, a sibling group, from Taiwan. They are 3, 2, and 1. We have a 4 yr old and an 8 year old.
    I am looking forward to sharing this story with others. Your words convey the same message from my heart.
    We also have had some intial shock comments when we tell people what God has told us to do, what He has laid on our hearts.
    If we love God, we will do what He asks, we will follow His plan. Better is one day in His courts, than thousands elsewhere. Who I am to tell God ‘no’?
    To God be the glory for the amazing work He has done through you and your friends. We just have to listen to Him, He will do the rest.
    Charlotte (and the world) will never be the same with all of these families and their kiddos living out the testimony of God.

Tasha Harris says:

I am in awe! Words can’t express how touched I am by hearing this story and the obedience of Lysa and her husband. What a Lifechanging event that is also so inspiring.

You are the reason God created Mothers….God bless you and
    your family.

I have been very anti Oprah for a long time but HAD to watch your clip and see. Of course I bawled like a baby!! So touching on so many different levels…
    1. Thank you for sharing Jesus with people thru Oprah
    2. Thank you for following Gods calling even when it was SCARY beyond words
    3. Thank you for inspiring!!
    Im also an adoptive/foster mom. People OFTEN say how fabulous my husband and I are for doing it but like someone said in the clip…What we give our kids is tiny compared to what we GET BACK!! When you are aligned in Gods perfect will and never say no to him he provides and Blesses you beyond measure!!!
    Those boys are AMAZING, precious,men. The one who spoke on camera just made me want to jump in and HUG HIM! What a precious young man.

I first heard you on a Christain radio station, and from there was led to your web site. As if I knew where I was going I came directly to this Oprah segment. That was back in March 2008. This week my husband and I got our referral for our beautiful new son from Ethiopia. THANK YOU for being the first step on the path God has made for us. I truely believe He sent me to your web site for the purpose of connecting us to our new child.
    Blessings,
    Christa

Oh my goodness, what an amazing story. I stumbled upon this address I don’t even know how. Anyways what a huge blessing to all involved!! I hear of Proverbs 31 ministries on the radio station I listen to how exciting to find your blog!!

‘Love has no boundaries.’ WOW!! Thank you Lisa for sharing the videos. I was really touched by this story.God bless you all.
    Marama

Anonymous says:

you people are sick. those children should be raised by black families

Hi Lysa!

This is such an amazing story! I saw it on Oprah when it originally aired, but I guess I never paid attention to the “CHARLOTTE, NC” part of it. Just last week (or the week before) I heard you telling the story on the radio. I was in a really big hurry, but God slowed me down! I sat in my car in my driveway to hear your entire story!

God bless you and all the families who adopted for listening when He spoke!

I cried while watching the taping. God has been working on my heart about the global need of children needing families. Thank you for sharing your story as God continues to work on my heart to adopt.

You wouldn’t believe but I saw this when it originally aired on Oprah. And I NEVER watch Oprah. But I cried and cried and have wanted to adopt ever since. My husband and I are planning on adopting our next baby from DFCS in GA. Anyways, I’ve been reading your blog for a while now and never put together that it was the same person that changed my life on Oprah! :-) haha

anyways, what an amazing story – i love how God works! :-)

I had the pleasure of hearing your story, as you told it, at Hope Pres. in Memphis TN yesterday. It was very moving. I just wanted you to know, as I sat and listened, God spoke to me to get involved through missions. I have never had the desire to go (the bug thing) and was always content to give money. But now I realize I can do more…an ordinary person, through God can do extrodinary things! May God Bless you and your wonderful family

Dear Lysa, and friends,

Because you will be in our area soon, I was pointed to your site by a friend. My children watched this phenomenal testimony with me, and then my 5-year-old son said, “We should adopt. And, I think…three,” he said, as he held up three fingers. Now he’s prophesying to me about what that will look like for us–two girls (so his sister can have playmates), and one brother for him. He said, “God has really touched me…!”

Well, wow. Now, what am I to do with that!?

Always open to God’s call for us–thank you for your inspiration!

ELLTchr says:

Dear Lysa,

I receive your daily devotions on my email and decided to check out your website. I viewed your video that was aired on the Oprah show and was amazed. I am an ESOL teacher and teach mainly Hispanic children and other cultures. The Lord has shown me that he loves all children no matter the race, color or culture. They all have a wonderful gift to give others and the need to be loved and accepted. Thank you for sharing this story with others. I have been blessed! :)